Production numbers ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Production numbers ? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; It doesn't seem that much information comes out for questions about production numbers, but here goes anyway. Based on cars.com, ...
    al williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 coupe-- manual shift-- 1 of 65 built.

Production numbers ?

It doesn't seem that much information comes out for questions about production numbers, but here goes anyway.

Based on cars.com, it looks like on Monday I bought the last manual shift CTS Coupe in California, and the second-to-last one in the country, since manual transmission is no longer available. It would be interesting to know how many manual shift coupes were built for California or for the country. That information would go great on the license plate or license plate frame. Does anyone know, or does anyone know of a source?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Production numbers ?

I get to answer my own question. My dealer called Detroit, and like it says up there, there were 65 manual shift CTS Coupes built for 2011. And there apparently will be no more!

ctsfan2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

65, that's it? I wonder how many manual, V-series wagons were built? 3 maybe!

cawengr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual

Cool, then I must be #2 of 65

I would think there were more than 65 MT Coupes built.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

65 for Cali or the Country? If Country, no wonder GM dropped the MT for 2012. My 2011 Coupe is a stick. Caddy dealer told me he has been selling Caddys for 20 years; my stick was his first Caddy MT sale.

Wonder how many in Cali? Al, it may be just you & I!

----------

This is for the non-V Coupes, I would think.

wburchill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Based on this information the 2011 Evoluton Green CTS Performance Package 6 speed manual coupe that I found at the end of January in PA actually was the last 6 speed in the country. It was the only one I could find........I have been trying to get production data on this question; now the rarity has been confirmed. By the way, this one was in dealer inventory for over 1 year. Lucky I found what I was looking for! By the way it is resting comfortably in Minnesota waiting for summer weather..........

To MotownPimp: yes, 65 in the country. My guess for California population is you, me, and two to five other guys :-)

To wburchill: based on cars.com inventory listing, in late January there were two manual-shift CTS coupes in the country-- mine in Santa Clara CA, and one in TX. The TX car vanished from the listing the weekend of 28 Jan, as did mine. I am not certain that all dealers list their inventories with cars.com.

My car was built in Dec '10. Had 138 mi. when I drove it. I had the dealer change the oil before I picked it up.

cawengr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual

Before I special ordered my 2011 CTS Coupe 3.6 Performance Thunder Gray with Sunroof and Black interior 6 spd MT back in Feb 2011 the dealer tried to sell me on a Evelution Green coupe out of Pa. this must have been the one wburchill bought.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.