Clean Air Duct Freshener Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Clean Air Duct Freshener Problem in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; After owning my 08 CTS for just over a month, I decided to try and take care of the odor ...
    thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4

Clean Air Duct Freshener Problem

After owning my 08 CTS for just over a month, I decided to try and take care of the odor coming from my vents. I purchased a can of Clean Air Duct Freshener from Pep Boys today and followed the instructions to spray in the vents, the cabin intake and the fresh air intake. After letting the car idle for 10 minutes as instructed, my AC/heat controls were not functioning properly. I tried to raise the temperature but it lowered instead. I tried to change between recirculation and fresh air but the button didn't respond. I then tried to change from the dash vent to the floor and my radio changed stations!! I decided to turn off the engine and let everything dry out. Three hours later, all controls are working properly.

Question - Besides using this product on a car with so many electronics, what did I do wrong? Could spraying in the passenger side floor cabin intake cause this or spraying in the outside fresh air intake do it? Hopefully I will not have any lasting affects from this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wmillar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI F3 Sport Suspension

Re: Clean Air Duct Freshener Problem

Did you change cabin air filter.

Quote Originally Posted by wmillar View Post
    Did you change cabin air filter.
    Yes, I changed it the first week I owned it.

wmillar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI F3 Sport Suspension

I've had problems with odors in the past, and I just spray in the vent where the cabin air filer is. You can either use lysol or you can go to the drugstore and get some Orange citrus spray that they use in hospitals to get rid of odors. I've also read that some people put a Bounce dryer sheet. and put it inside the vent where the cabin air filter is.

Quote Originally Posted by wmillar View Post
    I've had problems with odors in the past, and I just spray in the vent where the cabin air filer is. You can either use lysol or you can go to the drugstore and get some Orange citrus spray that they use in hospitals to get rid of odors. I've also read that some people put a Bounce dryer sheet. and put it inside the vent where the cabin air filter is.
    Thanks for the suggestions on the odor but this isn't what my post is about. I would like to know if someone else has almost fried their climate control & infotainment system while trying to kill the odors coming out of the vents?

AirDuctRepair is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

As your AC/heat controls were not functioning properly even in idle condition so you must check the a/c is switched on or not.you should use efficient products to take care of the odor coming from your vents.May be spraying in the passenger side floor cabin intake cause this failure.For better guidance you should refer best links which are as follows.

Links Are:
    http://homerepair.about.com/od/heati...ing-System.htm
    http://chattanoogaairconditioningrepair.com/
    http://www.ductmasters.net/services_commercial.php

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.