19" Wheels/Summer Tires on CTS Coupe....no good! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree8Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 19" Wheels/Summer Tires on CTS Coupe....no good! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Cruzn Ok thanks again Laura. Can you private message me so I can reply back to you ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 19" Wheels/Summer Tires on CTS Coupe....no good!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
    Ok thanks again Laura. Can you private message me so I can reply back to you after I speak with the dealership?
    Hello Cruzn,

No problem. I will send you a private message so we can continue our interaction that way.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

louieshowers is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Performance

I would like to say that I am also experiencing this unsettling problem when in reverse and turning (especially on a hill) here in cold Boston. I have a 2010 CTS with 18" wheels. I posted on the other thread about this as well and I am hoping to replace the Michelins with the Continental DWS that everyone is speaking about. I just bought the car and absolutely love it otherwise. Can anyone else confirm that this will solve my shuddering problem while turning in reverse?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I don't know if it will cure it fully, it may just help. I have not experienced the problem personally with my 18" all seasons.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

I'm no expert, but I do have an mechanical engineering degree, this action would be normal. You're driving backwards, rear wheels pulling the car straight backwards pulling front turned front wheels that they themselves are applying a rotating power with the weight of the front end on top of them. The multiple of conflicting forces probably is causing this effect. My suggestion is try not to turn the wheel to its fullest position. (IMO)

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

And if you have directional tires being pulled in the wrong direction this may contribute to the problem as well.
    wcthunder likes this.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    And if you have directional tires being pulled in the wrong direction this may contribute to the problem as well.
    Performance tires mind you...they're not touring tires where if you have 60's on the front to give you forgiveness of the different twist, torques & turns.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    This is a common topic on the V forums and it's a product of the 19" summer tires "crabbing" when cold with the steering wheel locked.

I never had an issue with my '12 AWD Coupe with 18" all seasons, but have noticed it with my "12 V-coupe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.