Enging light/dead battery...HELP!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Enging light/dead battery...HELP!!! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have an 08 Cadillac CTS. It went for a 27 point inspection 2 weeks ago and "everything was perfect." ...
    CTS_Moni is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Enging light/dead battery...HELP!!!

I have an 08 Cadillac CTS. It went for a 27 point inspection 2 weeks ago and "everything was perfect." Recently my battery has started dying randomly. More importantly my engine light is on. First flashing, now solid. It feels like its running kind of rough. Additionally my PSI gauge is staying pretty high. Can someone please give me some info??? I dont want to do back to the dealership sounding like an idiot (plus I'm a girl), I dont need them feeding me any BS. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

Re: Enging light/dead battery...HELP!!!

If the engine light is on and solid there will be a code in the computer indicating something that could be wrong. It sounds like there is something wrong and the engine light being on is just confirming. I'd definitely take it to be checked out.

CTS_Moni is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I have an appointment scheduled for Saturday, my concern is because I'm getting it serviced at the dealership they might try to bullshit me. I find it really weird in their inspection they didn't find anything wrong with my engine or battery and now they are both acting up. They also have my brakes listed as new and I know for a fact they aren't.

jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

I wouldn't assume they are out to get you just because they are a dealership or even that any other place is deceitful. Odds are they are honest so there's no point in stacking the cards against them. A lot of the inspection is a visual check so internal mechanical issues most likely won't be caught until something fails. Its even trickier if there are electrical issues involved.

I'm assuming you have one of the "GoodWrench" inspection sheets from your last visit. If the inspection shows green-yellow-red conditions for the brake pads then they aren't necessarily saying they are new if they checked green. Its just a quick measurement of the pad thickness meaning there is still plenty of life left.

Michael_atDell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI AWD
    Another note, the 3.6L runs at a pretty high oil pressure, compared to other cars. Mine runs consistently between 50-60 PSI.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

CTS_Moni
    Keep us updated as to how it goes at the dealer Saturday!
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.