DIC "Hood Open" warning message
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, DIC "Hood Open" warning message in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

DIC "Hood Open" warning message

Hmm...after picking up my CTS from dealer svc dept, I drove 70 mph on expressway and later by chance discovered the hood was unlatched with only the secondary safety catch engaged.

Dealer shop foreman says my ‘08 does not have the DIC "Hood Open" warning feature, even though it’s listed without qualification in the Owner’s Manual on page 3-60: "Hood Open" "This message displays when the hood is not closed completely. Make sure that the hood is closed completely."

So anyone else without the DIC "Hood Open" warning message?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

Re: DIC "Hood Open" warning message

I have it on my 09

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

I have a 2008 and I had that message pop up as well similar to your situation. I was passing a truck, scared the you know what out of me. I thought it was going to be like the scene from the movie Tommy Boy. That's one message I never want to see again...

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

928S - thanks for sharing this issue with us. I'll certainly be checking my CTS to ensure the "Hood Open" switch and related logic (DIC message) are functioning.

I believe your dealer shop foreman is wrong in saying your '08 doesn't have the DIC "Hood Open" warning feature. Any 2008+ CTS with the remote start feature (which I assume your vehicle has) requires "Hood Open" logic/feedback for the vehicle's control system. The Remote Start function is disabled/disallowed if the control system sees that the hood is open. It's a matter of safety - service folk certainly wouldn't want the engine to remote start while they're under the hood.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

You should have the Hood Open warning message. I would talk to a different dealer and see if they will be able to be more help to help you figure out why this message did not come up for you. Keep us updated.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.