Opinions welcomed-
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Opinions welcomed- in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Have the opportunityy to look at a 2009 cts-4. Loaded with no gps, no Moon roof. 20,000 miles 1 owner. ...
    shamrock11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Opinions welcomed-

Have the opportunityy to look at a 2009 cts-4.
    Loaded with no gps, no Moon roof. 20,000 miles 1 owner.
    asking $27,800 Dealer certified.

Want opinion on 2009's, and price. High?, Low?, Good?
    Reliability of 2009's and any outstandin problems?
    How about the all wheel drive or quad drive
    How does that work. do all wheels lock up when you lose traction or does it sequence around .
    What wheels are the prime dirve wheels.
    I know there are a lot of questions, but all opinions are welcomed.
    I trust your opinion and knowlede on the subject and trust I will get an honest opinion.
    I will be taking a test drive tormorrow..
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsfan2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

Re: Opinions welcomed-

I have an '09 CTS4 and mine is also loaded with everything except navigation. Prime drive wheels are the rears, normally the car splits 75% of the power to rear and 25% to the front. From what I've read, it is capable of sending all 100% of available torque to the fronts if necessary. Bought it last summer so haven't had it in snow yet. IIRC correctly, the system uses an active transfer case as nothing "locks" like a traditional 4WD does. There is a thread here I read a while back where an engineer for the AWD system explained how it works. Do a search and you'll likely find it. It is variable as it senses and adjusts how much power goes to which end based on conditions. As for reliability, that is a bit more hard to say. I've had mine since August and have had to have a few things addressed. Nothing that would make the car "unreliable". Some on this forum have had significant issues while others have had none or very few. I don't think being AWD really makes a difference in that regard. As for your price, you mentioned no sunroof and gps, does it have everything else(HID headlamps, heated and cooled seats, 18" wheels, keyless access, etc.)? If so, that does not seem too bad for a well equipped '09 with that low mileage. Being dealer certified, are you getting a warranty extension too? If so, then it seems like a pretty decent price. Especially from a dealer. Good luck and let us know how the test drive goes!

DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Mine is a great car but reliability and build quality seem lower than other cars I've owned, none luxury makes, with service being just short of non-existent.My real gripe right now is Cadillac seeming to show little to no interest in obvious horrendous defects in the car. I can handle a car having issues, but I cannot handle a manufacturer who has no pride nor care for their very late model car. That being said, YMMV and if Caddy would acknowledge and fix obviously unacceptable mistakes, it would be a definite possibility to look it.

BlackShadow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

I agree with what ctsfan2009 has said. I've had mine for almost 3 months now and I love it. No issues, but I've only put about 1200 miles on it, so really to early to tell. I paid $30,700 for mine, LOADED, awd, 34000 miles and certified....Cadillac Certified. I'm not sure what "dealer certified" means. If it's the dealer themselves certified, you'll really have to find out what that means. If it's Cadillac CPO, it adds about $2000 to the retail price. Speaking of price, if it's loaded like mine, it's a pretty good deal, especially if it's Cadillac CPO. If it's lesser equipped and NOT Cadillac CPO, I'd say it's OK at best. I guess we need more info. Finally, as my father has said for years, it doesn't matter what you buy, there are lemons. Any car, new or used is a crap shoot. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

shamrock11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

DapurpleRT Like what mistakes and issues do you refer to?
    I took the ride and just loved how it felt. Seats very comfortable, kinda wrapped around me. It had a nice big car ride, smooth and quiet, but not that spongy big car feel. I tsnapped around turns ( 90 degerr corners) and really gripped the road on an innerstate access turn.
    It had no moon roof and after the ride my wife said she would reall like a moon roof, so it was back to the dealer and look at moon roofs. lol
    Warranty extention to 6 yrs 100,000. ( From Factory)
    Thanks for you replies..

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

I've had my AWD '09 CTS4 since new, bought new of the lot Jan 2009. Now 21,000 (summer only) miles and no problems what so ever. The only options my car does not have are the DI engine and a block heater, otherwise everything else incl spec paint, I love car and glad it has Navigation.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

if you want to get me the VIN then I can check the certification status, warranty history, and options for you
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rlum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 AWD DI CTS

My '09 CTS4, bought new in March '09, has been absolutely trouble-free for 48K miles. I flat out love the car. With a set of extra rims mounted with Blizzak studless ice and snow tires it handles snow and ice extremely well (though there isn't much clearance for deeper stuff).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.