2008 CTS Headlamp RECALL - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Headlamp RECALL in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; its a conector for the halogen headlamp...
    JFG92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS V6 2.6L DI, 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L V8 FI

Re: 2008 CTS Headlamp RECALL

its a conector for the halogen headlamp

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by nasir786 View Post
    I actually noticed one of my headlamps out a few days ago. I live in Canada but have a US Caddillac CTS, so perhaps this is why I did not get any recall notice? I assume I should just call my local dealer to find out?
    Hi nasir786,

Consulting with your dealer would be a great first step. In case you didn't already have this number, Cadillac in Canada can be reached at 1-800-263-3777.

Please let us know if you're able to secure answers through either of those means.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

nasir786 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI

Hi Katie,

So i called my dealer and was not able to get a direct answer. They had my vin since my car had previously been serviced there and they simply stated my vehicle has no recalls. However, I am not sure this is the case since my CTS is a US Vehicle and perhaps US recalls would not be in their system. I called Cadillac Canada and spoke to a rep. When I gave him the recall campaign number listed on this forum he could not find the recall, but eventually found it through some other way He confirmed that the headlight recall and advised that since my car was not registered with them that perhaps this is why it was not showing at the dealers system. He said he would call me back but I have not heard anything. Could you please help shed some light on this?

My lowbeam headlamp simply stopped working. I assumed it was just the bulb and the dealer has quoted me $900 just to replace the bulb, which I think is absolutely ridiculous that it would cost so much to replace a bulb. I understand its a luxury car, but it for any other non luxury vehicle a bulb replacement is not more than $40-50.

Anyway, if you can kindly help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I can PM you my VIN # if needed.

Thanks!

Hi nasir786,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I would recommend calling Cadillac Canada back, and I certainly understand your frustration with not hearing back from them. My involvement is limited to customers living within the scope of the United States (apologies for the inconvenience!), but since your vehicle is a US vehicle, I would be happy to look up your VIN to see if I can provide any information on my end that would help you communicate with Cadillac Canada. If you are comfortable posting your email address, I can email you shortly to gather your VIN.

Best,

Katie

Hi Katie,

so i received a voice message from Cadillac Canada, they could not confirm that my vehicle was entitled to the recall because of the confusion of it being a US vehicle. They basically advised me to take it to a dealer and get it diagnosed. They said that if my vehicle has the same condition as the recall, they would honour the repair and cover the cost. If it is not, then I may need to pay for the diagnosis as well. While I find this a nice gesture, I do not have any information regarding the recall, except that its for headlamps and mine is not working. Can you kindly provide me some more information on this recall? Furthermore could they not just honour the recall repair? Others on this forum have had no issues and still got the recall repair completed. THey obviously issued a recall due to a safety issue and have did the repair for countless people, whether it was needed or not just to be safe. I dont see why they would not do this for me as well, as its not my fault that my imported vehicle was not considered or issued any notices. I mean, even if I was to pay for the repair now, say if I had the same issue becuase the recall was not addressed? Then what? I beleive as a goodwill gesture to and to be safe, they should just honour the recall repair.

If you could kindly provide me some guidance and assistance on this it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you can please provide me some detailed information regarding the recall as Cadillac Canada was not able to find it. As for my email, you can reach me at djnas786@gmail.com.

Thanks again for all your help!

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Not for nothing the recall was for halogen headlights. A bad plug which would make the headlight inoperable. You do not have a halogen headlamp. You have hids and your lamp works! The low/high beams are not working but your headlight works. So to sum it up, you do not have the headlamps that qualify for the recall regardless.

I would be happy to send you an email shortly, nasir786, and help where I can. Thank you very much for the update!

Best,

Katie

elo_mcfeelo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS RWD with all options

I have 2008 CTS with HID lamps; yesterday I was at the dealer for service and my CTS is not on the recall list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    Not for nothing the recall was for halogen headlights. A bad plug which would make the headlight inoperable. You do not have a halogen headlamp. You have hids and your lamp works! The low/high beams are not working but your headlight works. So to sum it up, you do not have the headlamps that qualify for the recall regardless.
    Thanks for the info Pdabs. BTW does anyone know the GM Part # for the HID used in my vehicle. I think I may just try this repair myself, since my dealer quoted me $900. I spoke to Cadillac Canada and the guy their says if I can find the same part number for much cheaper than what they dealer quoted me that he would do something towards the cost of the repair at the dealer.I beleive by searching through these forums i have found the same part, but not sure if its a GM authorized product? Can anyone shed some light on this? The part I found which, i beleive is the OEM replacement HID is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-85415C...1219840&sr=8-1

thanks again for all your help!

ehindman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4 3.6 DI

Cadillac Customer Service, Please help.
    I had the recall done on my 2008 CTS in May 2012. The driver side bulb had exploded and smoked up the lens so the replaced that entire assy. I just had my passenger side headlight go out this week. I decided to put in new bulb myself and upon removal of the headlight noticed a brown wire was not attached to the supposedly new wiring harness that was supposed to be replaced on the recall. Upon closer examination I cant see where a new harness was installed. Looks old and dated to me. The recall was done at my dealer in Maryland but I have since relocated to NC. I called the dealer here and they said they would look at it but since they didn't do the work it wouldn't be a warranty item. Can you please advise me on what I can do to get this done without coming out of pocket.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ehindman View Post
    Cadillac Customer Service, Please help.
    I had the recall done on my 2008 CTS in May 2012. The driver side bulb had exploded and smoked up the lens so the replaced that entire assy. I just had my passenger side headlight go out this week. I decided to put in new bulb myself and upon removal of the headlight noticed a brown wire was not attached to the supposedly new wiring harness that was supposed to be replaced on the recall. Upon closer examination I cant see where a new harness was installed. Looks old and dated to me. The recall was done at my dealer in Maryland but I have since relocated to NC. I called the dealer here and they said they would look at it but since they didn't do the work it wouldn't be a warranty item. Can you please advise me on what I can do to get this done without coming out of pocket.
    Thanks,
    Hello ehindman,

I would be more than happy to look further into this concern on your behalf. Could you private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have contacted? I will be sure to be on the lookout for your future messages. You can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JCBCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Base Manual Tran

I have an 08 that is affected by the recall. I have not had any issues with the lights. I figure I will wait until one light burns out before doing the recall and go ahead and have the bulbs replaced. Its crazy you have to remove the bumper on these things to replace a headlight!

Quote Originally Posted by JCBCTS View Post
    I have an 08 that is affected by the recall. I have not had any issues with the lights. I figure I will wait until one light burns out before doing the recall and go ahead and have the bulbs replaced. Its crazy you have to remove the bumper on these things to replace a headlight!
    Hello JCBCTS,

I apologize that your vehicle has been affected by the recall as well. Please feel free to private message me if you would like any assistance in setting up your appointment when you chose to have your recall addressed.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Tori18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My Driver headlight has gone out as well jus purchased a 2008 CTS a month ago.. how do i find out if i have standard Halogen head lights?

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

If you do not have fog lamps, you have the halogen lights. If you have fog lamps, you have the HID lights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.