Completed-Full nose Clear bra CTS COUPE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Completed-Full nose Clear bra CTS COUPE in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; This post is for all those chip-phobes out there including myself; I completed what I started last year by having ...
    doozmlk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium

Completed-Full nose Clear bra CTS COUPE

This post is for all those chip-phobes out there including myself;
    I completed what I started last year by having my entire hood and fenders lined with clear protective bra. The bumpers are protected with Xpel clear bra and the hood and fenders are custom cut 3M venture shield. I will post pics asap since the guy who did it left the car seamless and even went as far as removing the side vents to leave the paint looking natural without the generic look that you get with precut film.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Completed-Full nose Clear bra CTS COUPE

photo 1.JPG

Work In Progress....

photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 5.JPG
    Job Complete!
    On the last image you can see the difference between pre-cut and custom film: the lower hood does not have that seam that the upper bumper cover has.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Looks really nice! How much did it cost and how did the fender vents pop out?

adrian-s is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): TBD
    I haven't done a clear bra yet, mainly after hearing from others who had it done and later found out that the insallers trimmed the material while on the car, and later found fine cut lines in their paint once the bra was removed.

-adrian

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

I wish I would have added more protection in front of the rear tires. This is where I'm having problems. I should have added from the seam down and went up to the door. Cadillac knew this would be a problem area as they added some film, but not enough. To late for me now as the damage is done. I have had no issues with the front fenders as of 15 months and 16K miles. Front film is holding up well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.