auxiliary input
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, auxiliary input in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just bought a 08 cts4 base model. I have a button on steering wheel that brings up an "aux ...
    JoeyOski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts4

Question auxiliary input

I just bought a 08 cts4 base model. I have a button on steering wheel that brings up an "aux input" mode on my information screen. Problem is, I can't find this input. There's a cigarette lighter with a small connection next to it in the center console. It looks like a standard head phone jack, but it has a pin in it similar to coax cable. Do I need some kind of adapter? Is this some kind of Cadillac proprietary connection? Any info will help!
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MadAmos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Touring Edition

Re: auxiliary input

I am not sure on a base model, but on a luxury model there is a USB port in the center console. I would start with a look there, it is a bit hard to see as it faces to the rear as I remember.

Amos

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

inside the armrest bin
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Brutus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

My 2010 CTS4 (without a Nav pop-up screen) has an AUX in plug-in in the console. I can use my Ipod from there but I cannot control it from the steering wheel and it will not charge the Ipod. I did get an adapter from Bestbuy to plug into that power port that has a USB plug so I can use the cable that came with my Ipod to charge it and I can charge my cell-phone too.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

There's a USB port in the large bottom part of the armrest.

aux port is just a generic audio-in so you will never be able to control a device with it but you can use any device

only the cars with the usb and aux jack can control ipods from the steering wheel and radio controls
    (and you need the adapter harness/cable that plugs into both and has the 32 ipod connector on the other end - i don't think you can just plug into the usb)
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

muschany is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I also have an '08 base CTS. As you said, there is a small input port in the center console. I got a cable from Radio Shack one end of which goes into the headphone jack of my iPad, and the other end goes into the input port in the console. Both ends are the same. There is no "pin" in the port. I press "auxiliary" on my dash and am able to play my iPad music with no problem.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm gonna try the double 3.5 mm
    Head phone cable. Hopefully that will work.

So I bought the 3.5mm cable, and it does not fit... There is definitely some kind if pin in the center of this port. There has to be some kind of plug that fits this port. Any help would be great!

this doesn't make sense

either there is a problem with your car's aux jack (broken jack stuck in there) or something else going on

does it look like this?

It does look like that, but there's no USB port and my 3.5 port is metal where yours is white. Maybe there is one broke off in there?

Yeah the base model radios just have the aux input there... i drove one as a rental just over a week ago and used the aux port too!

see if you can get a look down the hole with a small mirror positioned just right

I'll do that. I'm starting to wonder how much it would cost to just have it replaced at the dealer.

well.... i can definitely help you answer that question

So there's definitely a jack broke off in there... I managed to take a video with my cell and can see it. Also looks like someone took pliers to it as well. Any suggestions on getting it out?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.