auxiliary input - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, auxiliary input in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; No way to get it out from the front (as the previous owner found out) ... if you can't push ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: auxiliary input

No way to get it out from the front (as the previous owner found out) ... if you can't push it from behind you'll have to get a new jack

i'm pretty sure that it's #25814514 (25814513 would be the one for cars w/ nav that also have the usb jack next to the aux jack)
    i can tell for sure with your VIN with 100% certainty though

i would try and get it removed from the console first and see if you can push the broken cable end out from the back first though

although a new 'bracket' as that part is called will only cost you about $5.00

good luck
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JoeyOski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts4

Thanks

Brutus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Some how, you have to get to the back of that jack. You could start to take apart the console until you can either push the broken pin out, or rewire a new jack in. Some of the stuff on a car console is put together with screws, but most plastic stuff snaps together. If you know exactly where to push on the tabs, you can unsnap it. But, if you don't know where the tabs are then you won't be able to take the plastic stuff off without breaking the tabs off. I would think that a car audio place would be better at fixing this than a Cadillac dealer. And besides, while you're in there you can get a quote on a real audio system.

JoeyOski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts4

I was thinking the same thing, Brutus! Maybe two 12's, rollin with my windows down (even when it's 15° outside...) But then I remembered I'm not 18 anymore and that I'm completely satisfied with my Bose. Thanks for the suggestion though! Good talk!

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

I need some help with a very similar situation!
    My kid managed to break the USB port inside the plastic bracket in the center console on my Premium edition CTS Coupe.
    I tried to order a replacement bracket, as Rippy suggested, using part #25814513, but what arrived was just the empty plastic bracket itself with no jacks in it!

What am I supposed to order to get a replacement USB port for this thing, and what do I do to disassemble it so I can repair it??

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    No way to get it out from the front (as the previous owner found out) ... if you can't push it from behind you'll have to get a new jack

i'm pretty sure that it's #25814514 (25814513 would be the one for cars w/ nav that also have the usb jack next to the aux jack)
    i can tell for sure with your VIN with 100% certainty though

i would try and get it removed from the console first and see if you can push the broken cable end out from the back first though

although a new 'bracket' as that part is called will only cost you about $5.00

good luck

zen
    zen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS CPE

The pin is hollow with a couple of small wires in it. Take a very small drill bit and carefully work it into the pin. Then try to twist and pull at the same time. If it catches the wires or side of the pin, you should be able to get it out.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

OK so the cable consists of the jacks as well...

GM/ACDelco# 25833059
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.