Gas/Brake Pedal Accessory Kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Gas/Brake Pedal Accessory Kit in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2011 CTS AWD Premium and would like to know if I purchase the brake and gas pedal ...
    gmancbp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sport Sedan AWD

Gas/Brake Pedal Accessory Kit

I have a 2011 CTS AWD Premium and would like to know if I purchase the brake and gas pedal accessory kit is this something I can put on myself or does the dealership have to do it.

thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Gas/Brake Pedal Accessory Kit

moved from cust svc

Dr.Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

You can put it on yourself. The sport brake pedal is just a pedal cover, and you can swap it out with the old one in a couple minutes. The gas pedal is a little more tricky, but def doable if you are even a little mechanically inclined. You have to remove 3 screws holding on the underside kickplate of the steering column shroud. Then you pull that down to expose the electrical connector and 3 botls holding on the gas pedal assembly, unhook and remove all of those, replace with the new pedal assembly and hook everything back up. Then screw back in the 3 screws you removed and you're done. It is really easy, and mine came with instructions with pictures.

gmancbp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sport Sedan AWD

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my question and reply with the information I asked for.

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ford View Post
    The sport brake pedal is just a pedal cover, and you can swap it out with the old one in a couple minutes. The gas pedal is a little more tricky, but def doable if you are even a little mechanically inclined.
    The gas pedal was on quickly but the brake pedal fought me for an hour. Theproblem was getting the rubber lip over the brake pedal mount and it was done on a 65 degree day. Also, I think they recommend you heat the rubber to make it pliable. I used a short and flat screw driver to pry the rubber over the last corner and be careful so you do not run the screw driver through the rubber lip. The sport pedals look really great but the brake pedal is slippery on the edge next to the accelerater pedal which is where I press with my foot--there is no rubber gripping strip in that area.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Anybody happen to have a picture handy of what the sport pedals look like?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.