Advantages of buying GMPP early in your car's life
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Advantages of buying GMPP early in your car's life in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am closing in on my car's one year anniversary. I bought it in Jan '11 and by the one ...
    droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Question Advantages of buying GMPP early in your car's life

I am closing in on my car's one year anniversary. I bought it in Jan '11 and by the one year mark I should have about 6,700 miles. I expect my usage to stay around that level. My plan is to drive it for seven more years (around 54K miles) and give it to my son as his 1st car. My question is is there a benefit cost wise to buying an extended warranty now and will they offer a plan that is long term enough to be a benefit to me?
    I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with these plans. Also, I've read online that the cost can vary quite a bit from dealer to dealer. If anyone has experience with that that would be helpful as well. I live in NY but is there any difference if I buy the plan from a dealer in lets say MN or WY?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

Re: Advantages of buying GMPP early in your car's life

droptopron,

When you purchase GMMP prior to expiration of mfr’s warranties, GMAC begins earning your premium before assuming any liability - a very sweet deal for GMAC. So, in return, GMAC offers coverage at a discounted pro rata refundable price.

For best deal, purchase GMMP just prior to price breakpoints at 12Kmi, 24Kmi, 36Kmi. I saved by purchasing Major Guard about 10 months before bumper-to-bumper warranty expiration, with 23,991 miles on odometer; at 24,000 miles, the same effective coverage would have cost an additional +17.5% or +$320.

More here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/220713-gmpp-major-guard-extended-warranty.html#post2479698

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Good info. I guess I have time on it. What are you paying for the coverage?

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

droptopron,

Click the link in my post above...on page 1 my GMPP transaction details and comments from other forum members...page 2 more comments and links to Black Cadillac's online Major Guard pricing tables.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.