Radio Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Radio Question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have an 2009 I bought about two months ago. I've noticed that everytime I get in and start the ...
    BlackShadow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

Radio Question

I have an 2009 I bought about two months ago. I've noticed that everytime I get in and start the car, the radio automatically come on. Not a big deal when I'm by myself because I always have the radio on, but when I'm out with my wife or taking the seniors somewhere, I have to manually turn the radio off, since we're in "conversation". I have read the owners manual several times trying to find out about this "feature", but I can't find anything about this. I even tried looking by going thru the "config" button. Any help on this matter? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Radio Question

Have you tried to manually turn the radio off when you exit the car and then see what it does when you try and start it back up again? The radio should stay off until you turn it back on. Try this and let me know how it goes. I can try and look further into this for you and see if there is anything that I can find to help you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Yes, I thought of that and have done it. It always comes on when the car is started up. I'm surprised that out of 200+ views, no one here has any ideas or can help. Is it really that odd? Thanks for your help and let me know what you come up with.

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

Yes your car is odd. If you turn it off before shutting the vehicle off, it should stay off. Probably needs a reprogram or something silly, which a dealer would have to take care of.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Never happened on my 2008 CTS, and it doesn't happen on my 2011 CTS.

How are you turning off the radio?

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Premium Coupe

Check your NAV database info - sounds like the NAV was never updated. There was a fix that came out a long time ago that among other bugs, fixed the 'radio on' everytime the car is started. I assume you have the NAV radio. I will check to see if I have anything on this but it happened to all NAV users early on with the 2008 CTS's.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Info on this radio on issue was discussed on the forum back in Sept 09 and documented a software update disc that the dealer would install - P/N 20861623. The TSB associated with the problem(and many others) was TSB 08-08-44-019D. There was a long saga associated with early NAV radio issues. As stated, check level of your NAV system and make sure you purchase one of the map/software updates.

Thank to all. In response to The Judge...usually, the radio is turn off before the car is turned off. Often, when my wife and I are out, the radio is turned off as soon as we get in...you know, we have to talk. In response to jghiller, bless you for your help. My CTS is an extremely early 2009 and I do have NAV. Guess I'll discuss this with my dealer. Thanks again for your help!!!!

No problem - but in order to resolve the radio at this point, you will likely need to just purchase a NAV update for $200. Go to www.gmnavdisc.com. If you use the NAV frequently, you will see a lot of new features and usability enhancements. There were some problems introduced with last years update that made the screen raise everytime you put the car in reverse. Had to deal with a backup camera that we dont have. I believe NAVDISC finally resolved that issue with the current one thats out there. Just remember - if you get a new NAV disc, update for map and software takes a little over 2 hours or so but you can turn the car off and stop the process and it will restart when you use the car again. Restart function works fine and there's nothing you need to do besides leaving disc in radio.

$200! Seems high for basically software. Well, if that fixes it, so be it. I might drag my feet a bit on buying it right now. Again, thanks!

Software and new maps. It is high.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.