Re-Calibrating new route after deviating from original route
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Re-Calibrating new route after deviating from original route in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; You may want to double check the Turn List after a route has been redone due to a deviation from ...
    jghiller is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re-Calibrating new route after deviating from original route

You may want to double check the Turn List after a route has been redone due to a deviation from the original, e.g. getting gas, taking a different road, etc.
    As I was driving up the NJ Turnpike headed for NYC and a destination on the other side of the GWB, I happend to check the Turn List to find that following a route re-calibration, the NAV had me heading for the Lincoln Tunnel and then heading up local roads north to my destination! I then canceled the route and redid the DEST route while traveling on the Turnpike. The new route was correct and had my back on track going over the GWB.
    So dont necessarily assume that once you get gas or otherwise stop at a rest stop that your original route will be re-instated. Wait till you are
    back on the main route and then re-do your route. This problem is less likely to happen I believe when the routes are simple - like traveling south on I-95, south of D.C. Although for some reason this simple route got skewed too after a re-calc and it wanted me to take I-85 south of Richmond towards Raleigh rather than stay on I-95 to South Carolina. Go figure! I re-did route while on I-95 and the proper route was back in place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Re: Re-Calibrating new route after deviating from original route

That's why when I bought a 2012 coupe I didn't get the navigation system. I had a sedan before that and it had the navigation system and it was always doing stupid things. I always wished I had a GM engineer with me when using the navigation system to show them some of the crazy things the navigation system did.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.