Vin package lookup online? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Vin package lookup online? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by vz223 Katie if you can kindly run VIN ### and pm me I'd appreciate it. Thanks for ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Vin package lookup online?

Quote Originally Posted by vz223 View Post
    Katie if you can kindly run VIN ### and pm me I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks for your patience, vz223! I was out of the office yesterday (7/31), but I would be happy to send you both your build code information. When I tried to private message you, I received an error which means you have either chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive them at this time. So, if you wouldn't mind emailing me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, then I can reply with your list!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by B1900Mech View Post
    Can you post warranty history and build sheet and any other info on VIN ###

I believe you may have done this in the past, but I am looking for updates. Thanks!
    BB1900Mech, thanks for your patience as well! Please see below for your warranty information and build sheet, and please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you decide you would like me to remove this post once you've noted the information. Since recall information is sensitive, please email me if you would like me to elaborate on any recalls that may pertain to your vehicle.

You have two warranties that are still applicable on your sedan: your Corrosion Limited Warranty expires 06/19/2013, and your Emission Select Component Ltd Wty expires 06/19/2015 (or 80,000 miles).

Best,

Katie

Build code info:

1SB - CTS STANDARD PACKAGE
    41U - BLACK RAVEN
    7NZ - SUSPENSION
    89I - LIGHT TITANIUM
    9WX - SUSPENSION
    AH8 - PWR SEAT ADJUST-FRONT PASSENGER, 8 WAY
    AL2 - POWER LUMBAR CONTROL
    AT8 - RR CHILD SEAT RESTRAINT
    CFN - SUNROOF DELETE
    DCP - ONSTAR DIRECTIONS AND CONNECTIONS 1 YEAR FACTORY PACKAGE
    DR5 - POWER, HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS
    FE1 - 4 WHEEL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION
    GU6 - AXLE REAR, 3.42 RATIO
    JE5 - ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM, 4 WHEEL DISC
    JJD - I/P SUBASSEMBLY NOT INSTALLED
    JJM - SUSPENSION REAR NOT INSTALLED
    KG9 - GENERATOR, 140 AMP
    MX0 - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPD AUTOMATIC
    NP5 - LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL
    P61 - 17" ALUMINUM PAINTED WHEELS
    R6K - PROCESSING CODE
    R7V - SHOW VEH ID, ORDER TYPE TSE/SSE
    SLM - STOCK ORDERS
    U2T - AM/FM STEREO, CD PLAYER, MP3 FORMAT, BOSE SOUND SYSTEM
    UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS W/TURN- BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
    UQA - BOSE 8 SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM
    V73 - VEHICLE STATEMENT USA/CANADA
    VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL, ENGLISH
    XA7 - HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID
    1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS
    6NZ - SUSPENSION
    894 - LIGHT TITANIUM
    8WX - SUSPENSION
    A45 - MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER
    AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR
    AQ9 - SEATS, FRONT BUCKET
    AY0 - FRONT & SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS, DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER / HEAD CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS, FRONT/REAR
    CJ2 - DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
    DD8 - INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR, AUTO DIMMING
    E2C - RAPID DELIVERY SYSTEM
    FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
    IL4 - INTERIOR TRIM
    JJB - PT DRESS SUBASSEMBLY INSTALLED
    JJL - SUSPENSION FRONT NOT INSTALLED
    KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS
    LLT - ENGINE,3.6L V6 DIRECT INJECTION
    MYB - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPD AUTOMATIC
    NT7 - EMISSION - FEDERAL
    QCH - P235/55R17 ALL SEASON TIRES
    R6M - NEW JERSEY COST SURCHARGE
    R9N - PROCESSING CODE - SEAT
    U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
    U30 - DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
    UJ6 - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
    V4W - CTS CONVERSION
    VH9 - ENVELOPE, OWNER INFO MANUAL
    WD1 - PILOT VEHICLE
    Y44 - SEATING PACKAGE: * SEATS, LEATHER SURFACES * PWR SEAT ADJUST-FRONT PASSENGER & PWR LUMBAR-FRONT PASSENGER/DRIVER, 10 WAY * MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER * HEATED FRONT SEATS * HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Notice the option code at the bottom, WD1 Pilot Car?

Did you buy this car with miles on it???

Its one of the first batch of 2008 models built. They are early model runs and not dealer orders. They could have been assigned to the central office and the zones for evaluation, photo ops, car shows, and GM exec show off cars etc. Cars deemed sellable are then made available as used cars to dealers via auctions.

Not too many of these end up in customer hands. Corvette owners prize these Pilot cars and the can very sought after, such as the Z06 Pilot Cars with low vins.

From a Corvette forum
    I was wondering why the GM Pilot Z06's are valued so much more then the stock assembly line units? Especially when one is heavily documented. I realize they make only a few each year and GM keeps them for photo ops, car shows, magazine article, perfermance tests etc. I've never seen one for sale?

From what I understand most end up destroyed or museum pieces and never get titled. I guess that must be it, find a Pilot model that survived and you have a rare Z06. Anyone ever seen one bought? Option code is WD1- Pilot Vehicle if you ever see a real one.

MFischer76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Could I also get a build report on my VIN? I just purchased a 2008 CTS with less than 8000 miles on it. The CARFAX had it as a commercial vehicle and most information inside was missing. I am also curious, there is no spare tire. The dealer told me that was normal???

Thanks!!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

email me your VIN and i'll reply with some PDFs for you
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

vz223 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Thanks for your patience, vz223! I was out of the office yesterday (7/31), but I would be happy to send you both your build code information. When I tried to private message you, I received an error which means you have either chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive them at this time. So, if you wouldn't mind emailing me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, then I can reply with your list!

Best,

Katie
    Thanks Katie for your help.

TexanJimS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If possible, can you post warranty history and build sheet and any other info on ...?
    I just purchased the vehicle last weekend and would appreciate any information you can access.
    THANKS!

email sent
    you may want to edit out your email from your post or the bop IT guys will be filtering tons of spam out of your email
    TexanJimS and TexanJimS like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

TexanJimS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

THANKS, Rippy!!!

no problem, you're very welcome!

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MFischer76 View Post
    I am also curious, there is no spare tire. The dealer told me that was normal ?
    Spare tire is a $350 option, otherwise you get an "inflator kit"

can also be added in as an accessory for a little more than the 'build-it' price

Lodint is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Lodint
    Member Cadillac Owner Club
    Hello Breanne
    My VIN is 1G6DR57V180130325. I have been fishing in the net for a couple of days now but don't seem to get lucky. I would like to have all the information you have regarding the options installed on the car. The build record would be nice to get if possible and the manufacturing date. You can email it to lodewijkx.int@wxs.nl

I don't think Breanne works for Cadillac Customer Care anymore ... the most recent posts by that account are from a woman named Katie

I'll send you an email with the info you're looking for, but I would highly recommend that you remove/edit your email address out of your post or you will be getting lots of spam in the near future

Hi Lodint! Apologies for not responding sooner, but my work schedule is 2:30-11pm EST this week, so I'm just catching up with threads now.

I've made a note of your email address, in case you'd like to edit it out of your message above, as Rippy recommended. Breanne is indeed no longer working on this forum, and if you need any future assistance my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com! I will send you an email shortly with more information.

Best,

Katie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.