Vin package lookup online? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Vin package lookup online? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by jeffc83 Excellent info, thanks. This will turn out to be a spring/summer task. Looks like it would ...
    thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4

Re: Vin package lookup online?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    Excellent info, thanks. This will turn out to be a spring/summer task. Looks like it would be pretty easy...have you tried it?
    Yes, took me about 30 minutes to do on my CTS and I have very limited mechanical skills. My co-workers Saturn Outlook, that may be a different story. I popped the hood and the mounting bracket for the heater is dead center on the firewall. It's going to be a tough reach. Speaking of brackets, before you buy the heater, take a look to make sure your bracket is still there. It is mounted on the firewall on the passenger side and very easy to get to. Some have reported that the recall wasn't completed properly and the dealer took their bracket. From what I have read, if you are missing the bracket, let AlphaTherm know and they will send one to you with your order.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by thavil

Yes, took me about 30 minutes to do on my CTS and I have very limited mechanical skills. My co-workers Saturn Outlook, that may be a different story. I popped the hood and the mounting bracket for the heater is dead center on the firewall. It's going to be a tough reach. Speaking of brackets, before you buy the heater, take a look to make sure your bracket is still there. It is mounted on the firewall on the passenger side and very easy to get to. Some have reported that the recall wasn't completed properly and the dealer took their bracket. From what I have read, if you are missing the bracket, let AlphaTherm know and they will send one to you with your order.
    Awesome, thanks for the tip. I thought I saw it when I was changing the cabin filter this afternoon but will double check before proceeding. This seems like it will help with the bugs in the summer too!

kvinmn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Hi Katie!

Could you forward any info you have on my '08 CTS? My VIN: 1G6DF577180182600 email: kj@100wattjones.com

Thanks,

Ken J.

gelnath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

Hello, let me thank the people who have helped out in this thread it is a really big help to people like myself trying to find this information, not sure if this thread is still being watched but if someone could please look up and see if i have the FE1 or FE3 suspension it would be a huge help as i am having to replace the steering rack and am very nervous of ordering the wrong part.

vin: 1G6DM57N230164961

email: shawn_pamela@yahoo.com
    thank you very much!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

FE1 ... check your email for the full vin summary and build info sheets

----------

kvinmn, did you ever get yours done?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

mekey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 3.6L DI AWD

I just purchased an 08 CTS 3.6L DI. Now after reading through a lot of the threads list I am crossing my fingers I don't have all the issues.
    I beleive it is a later build 08 as it does have bluetooth. I am hoping someone can help me, I would like to know if all the recalls have been done on it an also if someone can let me know what all the options were that it came with. The VIN number is 1G6DS57V380212058. It dosn't have the nav system on it and I was wondering how hard it would be to change the exsting radio out to the nav? Also I only have a aux port 1/8mm jack, is there a kit to swap this out for a USB port? Thanks in advance for the help.

jimtreber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cads4life View Post
    Is there a website where i can find what the packages/options are on the car for free? I need to know if this vehicle has a sun roof. Do all 2010 cts sedans (luxery) have a sun roof?
    I couldn't find the rpo sheet under the spare tire cover so I asked the dealer service writer while my car was in for service and he entered my s/n and printed one out for free.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mekey View Post
    I just purchased an 08 CTS 3.6L DI. Now after reading through a lot of the threads list I am crossing my fingers I don't have all the issues.
    I beleive it is a later build 08 as it does have bluetooth. I am hoping someone can help me, I would like to know if all the recalls have been done on it an also if someone can let me know what all the options were that it came with. The VIN number is 1G6DS57V380212058. It dosn't have the nav system on it and I was wondering how hard it would be to change the exsting radio out to the nav? Also I only have a aux port 1/8mm jack, is there a kit to swap this out for a USB port? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Thanks for the information, mekey! I have access to your option codes and am happy to send you an email with that information in more detail. If you don't feel comfortable posting your email address on this forum, my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

zverradze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2008 SIDI AWD

Hi everybody from Russia!
    I'm greatly glad to join this useful community! So, I'll try do anything useful for you.

Can anybody provide me dealership history of my Caddy CTS (VIN 1g6ds57v780169134 USA made or the same Caddy VIN XWFDS57V180000268 Russia made). Also let me know RPO codes, if it's possible. Thanks and sorry for my English -)

I'm very interesting if timing chain was changed by dealer.

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

Katie sent a email.Thanks

jkfcb01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Could someone forward info for my '08 CTS

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: Thank you all for the info, very much appreciated!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

you might want to remove your email from that post (if it's not too late to edit it out)

posting your email address on a busy forum like this is a good way to get lots of spam
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

jkfcb01, Rippy is (as usual!) right on the money -- removing sensitive information from the public thread may be helpful to you. I have made a note of your information and will be emailing you shortly with my findings!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

B1900Mech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Vin#V DFI RWD

Can you post warranty history and build sheet and any other info on VIN 1G6DP57V380100328

I believe you may have done this in the past, but I am looking for updates. Thanks!

vz223 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Katie if you can kindly run VIN 1G6DC5E52C0136941 and pm me I'd appreciate it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.