Vin package lookup online? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Vin package lookup online? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi Katy, Thanks for this...can you also give me the in-service date? Thanks. Dennis...
    denniscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1949 Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe

Re: Vin package lookup online?

Hi Katy,
    Thanks for this...can you also give me the in-service date? Thanks.
    Dennis

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Thanks Katie. The information you provided will help. Thanks for also providing the balance of my factory warranty!!! I cannot pm but will contact you if I have additional questions.

EDIT: I came up with two additional questions
    1. Has the heated steering washer issue been resolved? The dealer that I purchased the car from said my car didn't have that option but yet it does. I'm sure they just wanted to avoid another repair but i would like to use that feature. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. Does my vin have ANY open recalls? This information is extremely important because I believe the previous owner didn't service the vehicle properly.

ramb20 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi
    My VIN is 1G6DV1EP2C0126253

ramb20@gmail.com

Thanks

maverickman55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi,
    I am looking at buying an '08 CTS and was hoping to get the build list on it.
    VIN 1G6DV57V580195707

Thank You!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by denniscaddy View Post
    Hi Katy,
    Thanks for this...can you also give me the in-service date? Thanks.
    Dennis
    Sure, Dennis! Your in-service date was 11/29/2010.

Hope this helps,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    1. Has the heated steering washer issue been resolved? The dealer that I purchased the car from said my car didn't have that option but yet it does. I'm sure they just wanted to avoid another repair but i would like to use that feature. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. Does my vin have ANY open recalls? This information is extremely important because I believe the previous owner didn't service the vehicle properly.
    No problem, Jeff! I will email you at jeffcicale@comcast.net later this afternoon with the additional information you requested.

Katie

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ramb20 View Post
    Hi
    My VIN is 1G6DV1EP2C0126253

ramb20@gmail.com

Thanks
    Hi ramb20, I will send an email your way later this afternoon as well. Please feel free to email me back if you need any additional information.

Best,

Katie

----------

Quote Originally Posted by maverickman55 View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking at buying an '08 CTS and was hoping to get the build list on it.
    VIN 1G6DV57V580195707

Thank You!
    I would be happy to assist, Maverickman55. Would you prefer I post your vehicle's build info, send it to you via forum private message, or email it to you?

Katie

TX_09CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Hi,

My VIN is 1G6DF577190162395. Any info you can share is welcome.

email is s.taylor1@tx.rr.com or PM is fine

Thanks!

brianinmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Now: 06 STS4V8 Past:03 Deville, 82 Seville, 88 Sedan DeVille

Hi,

If I could getinfo on VIN 1G6DC67A060156030 any info available to bmhall@gmail.com I would appreciate it greatly.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi, brianinmd & TX_09CTS --

I will send you emails with your requested info shortly after I sent this message. Glad to be of assistance!

Katie

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    Here's a thought for the Cadi reps. Why not a web site run BY GM for people to look up their option packages with the insertion of a VIN? Something similar to Compnine? There is clearly a market. Thankfully, I bought my car new and have a full build sheet, and made use of Compnine prior to its shutdown. It's simply interesting info to have, or if one is in the market, useful.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Thanks Katie. The information you provided will help. Thanks for also providing the balance of my factory warranty!!! I cannot pm but will contact you if I have additional questions.

Do you mean heater windshield washer fluid? I believe GM recalled all CTS and disabled this because of electrical safety issues and issued the original purchasers a refund check for the original MSRP cost of the option *or values price of the option if it was in an option package). Someone please correct me if this not the case, but my car had this done and every 2008 CTS i look up has this in its warranty service record.

thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    Do you mean heater windshield washer fluid? I believe GM recalled all CTS and disabled this because of electrical safety issues and issued the original purchasers a refund check for the original MSRP cost of the option *or values price of the option if it was in an option package). Someone please correct me if this not the case, but my car had this done and every 2008 CTS i look up has this in its warranty service record.
    ALL GM windshield washer fluid heaters were recalled, not just the CTS. A co-worker has a Saturn Outlook that was also recalled. I'm going to install the newer AlphaTherm heater in her car like I did in my CTS to get this feature back.

Figures. At least it sounded like a good feature. GM is still researching it and said I'll get an answer early next week...guess there is no need at this point.

thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4

Figures. At least it sounded like a good feature. GM is still researching it and said I'll get an answer early next week...guess there is no need at this point.
    For $70 and about 1/2 hour of labor, you can get the heated washer fluid working again. Check out this website http://www.alphathermusa.com/heatedwash-AT-37GM.html.

Quote Originally Posted by thavil

For $70 and about 1/2 hour of labor, you can get the heated washer fluid working again. Check out this website http://www.alphathermusa.com/heatedwash-AT-37GM.html.
    Excellent info, thanks. This will turn out to be a spring/summer task. Looks like it would be pretty easy...have you tried it?

mikeyblaze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI RWD

Hello Katie, if you would please could I have the package info along with any other useful information on VIN #1G6DR57V780215900 emailed to durangodriver3@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.