Covered or not ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Covered or not ??? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Had a question about the NavDisk back in April as I was having problems using the system. Took the car ...
    BillyClub is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Covered or not ???

Had a question about the NavDisk back in April as I was having problems using the system. Took the car into a dealer while on the way from Chicago to Phoenix and I was told to have the radio\system replaced when I returned home. Rather not do this if at all possible!....When I returned home I called the dealer and was told by the service writer that there would be no charge for installing the newer application update. Not able to do it at the time as the car was already on a battery tender and I had switched the liability to my other vehicle. Today when I called he (the same writer) told me that it was not covered. Car was bought in Oct. or so of 08 with the 5 year power train and 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. Is it covered or not???

Below is the last reply I got from an earlier message concerning the same subject.
    Replys were from a "jghiller" and "beanjapan"

"BillyClub - just realized your application level may be problematic. When the V2 application update came out in fall of 08, it introduced alot of bugs to which NAVDISC folks subsequently sent out a fix/update to bring the application to V2.01. You list yours as V2.00.0001. I dont believe these are the same levels. The V2.01 update, and later on a 2.5 update(dealer installed) corrected alot of bugs so you should try to get to the V3 level that came out with the 2010 Update on NAVDISC. Bugs were fixed and a significant number of enhancements added. Also - if you have a backup camera, then I would jump to the 2011 Update. For those of us w/o a backup camera, the 2011 update had our NAV screen going up and down as if we had a camera when shifting to reverse. Had to take it to dealer to update NAV system and eliminate NAV screen up/down.
    Hope this doesnt confuse things for you. Minimally you should get the 2010 Update. All updates are cumulative so you can skip over interim updates and just do the most current update.
    Some of the enhancements that came with V2.01 were split screen flexible setups, faster trip calculations, cross street info, and successful re-routing whenever you left your route to get gas, etc."

Many thanks to all who reply...appointment set for monday to have the rear suspension toe link seperation taken care of and I thought it would be nice to get both taken care of at the same time....BC

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Covered or not ???

I am going to recommend that you contact GM Navigation Support. They will be able to answer the questions you may about about this issue. There number is 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472).
    Breannne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.