Call Display on DIC...need to know if it's just my car!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Call Display on DIC...need to know if it's just my car! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Brought my 2009 into the dealer regarding the lack of call display on my DIC when an incoming Bluetooth call ...
    Poopie D is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4

Call Display on DIC...need to know if it's just my car!

Brought my 2009 into the dealer regarding the lack of call display on my DIC when an incoming Bluetooth call comes in on my Iphone 4s. I have tried a 3gs and and regular iphone 4 along with the new Motorola Droid Razr and every time an incoming call comes in is says "unavailable" on the DIC instead of the number.

The dealer said they had no idea. I thought that maybe a firmware update might fix it so I called the Nav disc update people and the lady said the discs don't update firmware. I asked her if she was sure about that and she said yes. I said that she obviously has no idea what I was talking about and asked to speak to supervisor and she hung up!

Anybody have this problem and get it resolved? Will the firmware update that comes with the nav disc (or not according to rep on phone!) fix the problem?

I would love to get this fixed...I know it worked in the past on older phones! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Call Display on DIC...need to know if it's just my car!

Not all phones send all info over bluetooth to all devices. An iphone might send that info to one bluetooth device, but not another. bluetooth is a great technology, but it's full of holes.

I could be wrong, but I suspect most of the problems people have with bluetooth is due to the inherent nature of bluetooth, and the fact that it is constantly changing frequencies. Frequency hopping is basically bluetooth's security mechanism, since encryption is not part of it.

No question there are many holes in the technology...but I can't even figure out if everyone is having this problem or just me. I surely can't be the only person using an Iphone with my CTS!!!

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

I get "Unavailable" most frequently when my iPhone is operating on AT&T's Edge network rather than 3G. When the phone is running in 3G, more often than not the phone number is displayed. It's still not perfect, and even if the number is displayed, I still don't know who's calling half the time since I don't have phone numbers memorized for people!

My Camaro and Enclave both get the caller id from our iphones. And they both get their bluetooth through onstar like the CTS. But neither my wife nor I ever look at it. We both just press the answer button and hope for the best.

I need to be able to know who's calling as I use the same phone for both personal and work...I answer differently...professional and idiot lol

ctsfan2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

When you get the "unavailable" in the DIC have you looked at the phone to see if it is showing the number? I've had both an HTC and now a Samsung Android synced with mine and the only time I've ever had the DIC not show a number calling I looked at the phone and it too said "unavailable" so someone was calling from a blocked number. Otherwise, mine has always shown the number calling.

Number always shows up on the phone. I have tried 3 different iphones and a Motorola droid Razr. What firmware are you running for your nav?

Instruction on how to get firmware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fc3PmxuPOM

Mine says 2.50.00 for program flassh

audio ucom 2.501

Not sure what these numbers even mean

Gramzster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2007 DTS, 2011 DTS

I have the same issue. ”UNAVAILABLE" shows on both incoming bluetooth and onstar calls. Outgoing calls appear correctly though.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the Nav firmware, but rather the firmware of the onstar module. I see you have a 2009 CTS so you probably have the same module as me (mine came from a 2009 donor car).

I heard someone mention that there was a software update for the module that was accessible through the Tech2. Maybe that could correct the issue.

EDIT: My phone is a blackberry, and the caller ID works correctly in our other car, which is a 2011 DTS.

Went through a firmware update of sorts (although they had no clue) with Onstar. Still says unavailable on incoming calls. The Onstar rep could not tell me what software version my car had. He kept saying I had generation 8, to which I said that was the hardware but he had no clue. I wish I could speak to someone at GM that actually could help me...

So I just received and installed my Nav update disc and still no call display. Waste of $200....

I did find this thread which is interesting. Could be an issue with many 2009 GM cars and my carrier.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...topic=121308.0

I wonder if I could swap my Onstar/Bluetooh module with one from a 2011?

My 2009 did not show caller ID, I don't think. My 2009 Enclave does show the caller id.

I just ordered a 2011 Onstar module. Let's see if that fixes the problem

mdecou is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-4 DI

So is the Onstar module what brings bluetooth into the car? Is there any bluetooth option that does not involve the onstar module? I am curious what a brand new module would bring.... What i would really love is contact name rather than number showing on the display.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.