Well.....I did it
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Well.....I did it in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello folks; Earlier today I took delivery of a 2011 CTS-V Coupe in Crystal Red Tintcoat. It had 53 miles ...
    wotnot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Well.....I did it

Hello folks;

Earlier today I took delivery of a 2011 CTS-V Coupe in Crystal Red Tintcoat.

It had 53 miles on the odometer and had been in the dealer showroom since it was delivered.

This particular car has the polished wheels, the recaro seats, suede trimmed steering wheel and shifter. Automatic transmission which is again what I was looking to find.

It has no sunroof which is exactly what I was looking for. I live in Houston, Texas so I just didn't see the point in having that option what with the weather we get down here and. I would hardly ever use it. Also, I think this car likely would just be a better overall experience without it but that's just my opinion.

My father is a GM retiree so with trade and incentives, I was over the curb at $65,565.00 I found this car in a small town in central Texas. I drove it home which was a 120 mile trip.

I was advised to vary my speeds for the first 500 miles and to keep it below 4k rpms.

I have owned alot of nice cars in my time from Audi to BMW and even Maserati. I have to say that this is an amazing car to drive. At 3k rpm I was travelling well in excess of 100 mph and of course I only took it up that high to vary my rpms and only for short spurts but the stability was extremely impressive.

Also the build quality on this car was impeccable. All seams were straight as well as the cabin trim and body panels.

Like many here I'm sure, I did alot of reading at this forum and on the internet before I decided to look seriously at this car.

Tomorrow I'm gonna wash it...and give it a coat of carnauba wax. I'm looking forward to getting out for a ride tomorrow and likely every day after that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Richard MacGregor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Got our CTS Sportwagon...it is a vote for the home team!

Re: Well.....I did it

Congats Wotnot,

I test drove one just like yours but they wouldn't let me take it out on the highway. I'll bet that it is lots of fun!

Richard

MKWAGON is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI

Wish there'd been one around to test drive when I was making my decision. Never seen a V on any dealer lot I've stopped in at around here. I get the impression they're rarely brought in on speculation. Congratulations and enjoy. I love my wagon, but the six while nice, is just not the same thing as the eight in my book. I grew up to the sound of an eight, not a six, or anything else exotic and now I realize, there's just nothing like it in my book, especially after being amongst a whack of them at the track. I'm very envious.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

congrats on the CTS and welcome to the forums!

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

On the 3.6 DI engine the manual says not to exceed 4k for 1200 miles. I'm breaking my car in exactly the way the manual says because OnStar is recording everything. I don't want GM to throw anything in my face later. Their method seems a little conservative to me but I only have about 200 miles to go. There's a school of thought that says that a car should be broken hard because it seats the valves and the piston rings better but with big brother watching I guess I have to do what they say.

A Wilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium ('08 CTS DI Traded)

Not to exceed 4k RPM for 1,200 miles? Oops.

caddad08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2

Congrats on the new V - have fun!!!!

dgrant3830 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Performance

I also just took delivery on a new 2012 but not a V. The dealer did have a couple of V's though. I just couldn't justify the extra $20K for 9mpg less. So I got a 3.6 Coupe.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

When I had my Ninja ZX6R, the break-in was not to exceed 4000rpm for the first 500 miles. 4000rpm is 45 mph in top gear. Try that one.

housewolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Sport Wagon

Congratulations and let me be the first to say...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Wotnot,
    CONGRATS on the new vehicle! You are going to really like it. It is an awesome car to drive. I am glad that you are getting to know it, and that you are noticing the luxury feeling that Cadillac loves to put into their vehicles. Enjoy your new ride!
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.