Hi, I'm an engineer, tell me about your sunroof - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Hi, I'm an engineer, tell me about your sunroof in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My2008 has no wind noise, however it does leak at times. I have tried to pay attention as to when ...
    catchmy600rr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS DI AWD

Re: Hi, I'm an engineer, tell me about your sunroof

My2008 has no wind noise, however it does leak at times. I have tried to pay attention as to when it leaks (After full open or after tilt up), and it seems to be both. the leak is not a typical leak that it dripps. What I notice is that if the car is out in a long rain the front pasanger pillar material is wet at the top. We have had a lot of rain in the northeast this year, back in September the floor board was very wet from this leak, luckily it dried up fast with no oder. I just hit 50000 miles and only have the extended GM waranty, so its going to cost me to get it looked at. How simple is it to clean out those tubes? A few times I have also heard rushing water after it is parked and I pull forward, from your explination above it sounded like it must have been water going to one of the back drains.

2laidback is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS4 Coupe V6 DI Performance Collection

Let's work a deal. You can have my "08 CTS4" for study but give me a an equal replacement. My sunroof has all the noises described and has been worked on by Cadillac tecks.No need for all these Emails. You could experience the symtoms first hand.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by 2laidback View Post
    Let's work a deal. You can have my "08 CTS4" for study but give me a an equal replacement. My sunroof has all the noises described and has been worked on by Cadillac tecks.No need for all these Emails. You could experience the symtoms first hand.
    The only deal that I could be involved with is a deal as an individual, not as a representative of GM, so unless you're interested in a 2007 Toyota Yaris or a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica (both bought years before I started at GM) then I can't do anything in that regard.

I will say this, the dealer should be able to fix your issues. They have fixes. Unfortunately they aren't easy to get right, and it does seem that sometimes it might take multiple tries, or trying another dealership, or sometimes it might seem hopeless. My job responsibilities relate to new product, but I'd be glad to discuss how to get this fixed. Or you might get help with getting this fixed through the waranty system if you contact the customer service representative that posted earlier in this thread.

Super 8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4

I just purchased my certified 2008 cts-4 with 26,000 miles 7-18-11, if I pushed up on the center bow the wind noise was better. I took it to a dealer who added the center seal, now besides it being worse the rear pillars vibrate over road bumps, even the bass from the radio. The mechanic had such filthy hands, now the whole inside top is full of hand prints, including windshield, I will not go back to that dealer.
    I own 4 gm vehicles with sunroofs, this one is not in the same league as the rest, I am tempted to silicone it shut. Keep in mind all the local Cadillac dealers were deleted, I now have to travel 80+ miles, so return visits are a pain.

There is a fix for your car, and you can get it through a GM dealer. You do not need to limit yourself to Cadillac dealers. There are plenty of dealers that have done these repairs who sell Buicks, Chevrolets, GMC Trucks and do not sell Cadillacs. I would tend to think that one criterea that might be a good one to look for would be picking a dealership that has a body shop. Often the mechanical and body shop sides of the shop work together, and body shops tend to be more in tune with interior and cleanliness issues (and body sealing for that matter).

If Cadillac wants to be the brand of U.S. manufactured cars (according to several publications including the Wall Street Journal) we should not have to scrounge around the country side to get a problem resolved.

If Cadillac wants to be the brand of U.S. manufactured cars (according to several publications including the Wall Street Journal) we should not have to scrounge around the country side to get a problem resolved.

blackonblackNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

my sunroof started creaking about a month ago when I would go over bumps, noise was coming from the rear. No leaks or windnoise, took it to Pepe Cadillac in Yonkers, NY...they replaced the seals and drainage liner (I think)...ALL IS GOOD! No more creaking...awesome. They left my car dirty but the job was well done. If someone is interested I can photocopy the WO so you all can see exactly what was done.

ranton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have the same creakiing problem. Would love to see the WO if you can post it. Thaks!

TeamZambo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat

So I hand washed my car for the first time in weeks (been machine washing it, gave up on the car once my dealer messed up the the inside) And my sunroof has ONCE again vibrated open enough to cause a Leak! My rear driver side quarter is soaked! How do I post pictures? If my local dealer is Owned by another dealer which is in another state, can I go to that main dealer and have THEM take care these issues???

Quote Originally Posted by catchmy600rr View Post
    My2008 has no wind noise, however it does leak at times. I have tried to pay attention as to when it leaks (After full open or after tilt up), and it seems to be both. the leak is not a typical leak that it dripps. What I notice is that if the car is out in a long rain the front pasanger pillar material is wet at the top. We have had a lot of rain in the northeast this year, back in September the floor board was very wet from this leak, luckily it dried up fast with no oder. I just hit 50000 miles and only have the extended GM waranty, so its going to cost me to get it looked at. How simple is it to clean out those tubes? A few times I have also heard rushing water after it is parked and I pull forward, from your explination above it sounded like it must have been water going to one of the back drains.
    Hopefully nothing is disconnected, but if watter is getting into the a-pillar trim that doesn't sound good. It would be the easier one to clean out though. In my restoration work I've used pipe cleaner (as in tobacco pipe, not draino - which brings to mind a story from when I was in elementary school, I remember in history there was a story about George Washington's pipe collection and I asked if he was a plumber) to clear out shorter tubes, and my first thought would be to try something like that... Maybe there's something longer available at craft stores.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamZambo View Post
    So I hand washed my car for the first time in weeks (been machine washing it, gave up on the car once my dealer messed up the the inside) And my sunroof has ONCE again vibrated open enough to cause a Leak! My rear driver side quarter is soaked! How do I post pictures? If my local dealer is Owned by another dealer which is in another state, can I go to that main dealer and have THEM take care these issues???
    There shouldn't be anything restricting you to any dealership, so take it where ever you are comfortable taking it. It doesn't have to be a Cadillac dealer, you can go to any GM dealer (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac) If you're interested in specific recommendations, send me a PM with your location and I can see if I can find a dealer with experience on Cadillac sunroofs.

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Quote Originally Posted by WillK View Post
    Hopefully nothing is disconnected, but if watter is getting into the a-pillar trim that doesn't sound good. It would be the easier one to clean out though. In my restoration work I've used pipe cleaner (as in tobacco pipe, not draino - which brings to mind a story from when I was in elementary school, I remember in history there was a story about George Washington's pipe collection and I asked if he was a plumber) to clear out shorter tubes, and my first thought would be to try something like that... Maybe there's something longer available at craft stores.
    There is another very recent thread on sunroofs where this was discussed but its been said that a piece of the thicker triangular shaped weed eater line can be snaked through the drain lines to clear any debris without causing uses. I think you need about three to four feet of the line.

TeamZambo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat

Quote Originally Posted by WillK View Post
    There shouldn't be anything restricting you to any dealership, so take it where ever you are comfortable taking it. It doesn't have to be a Cadillac dealer, you can go to any GM dealer (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac) If you're interested in specific recommendations, send me a PM with your location and I can see if I can find a dealer with experience on Cadillac sunroofs.
    My car is out of the 50k B2B. This last sunroof repair was done as goodwill according to them. Which would mean its under the repair warranty of 12/12? (correct me if Im wrong) I got in to a huge fight over this with the dealer, they tried to make me feel good by saying it was a goodwill repair. How is it goodwill if they just worked on it 3 months before? Anyway my dealer is Bravo Cadillac they have a branch in New Mexico and one in Texas. Since the New Mexico dealer did the work can I go to the one in Texas to have them fix their other dealers problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamZambo View Post
    My car is out of the 50k B2B. This last sunroof repair was done as goodwill according to them. Which would mean its under the repair warranty of 12/12? (correct me if Im wrong) I got in to a huge fight over this with the dealer, they tried to make me feel good by saying it was a goodwill repair. How is it goodwill if they just worked on it 3 months before? Anyway my dealer is Bravo Cadillac they have a branch in New Mexico and one in Texas. Since the New Mexico dealer did the work can I go to the one in Texas to have them fix their other dealers problem?
    The Bravo Cadillac dealer in El Paso seems to have more experience with CTS Sunroof repairs than the Bravo Cadillac in New Mexico, so they should be a good alternative. As far as a warranty on the repair, I would suggest sending a PM to Cadillac Customer Service on here - I don't know those policies well enough to comment.

As a customer, I know what you're talking about as far as a goodwill repair, and my experience was with Ford and it was explained to me that it's something they can do to cover an out-of-warranty repair and they'll only do it once in your lifetime. That was Ford, so for all I know GM could be different, and either way I don't know whether or how the repair warranty applies.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.