2012 CTS Grille ? Opinions ? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2012 CTS Grille ? Opinions ? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I went to a dealer this week to check out that grille on the touring package, which they said they ...
    Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Re: 2012 CTS Grille ? Opinions ?

I went to a dealer this week to check out that grille on the touring package, which they said they could order and install on my CTS Premium. While the Caddy website shows it as being black and looking pretty darn "bad" with the black diamond paint, it wasn't black at all. I triple checked the sticker and it was definitely the alleged touring package grille, but I could hardly tell the difference from stock. either they put the wrong grille on at the factory, or it just isn't black. I also looked at the sport grille in the accessories catalog and it too is not much different from the stock grille. Therefore, I pulled the trigger on E & G Classic black ice fine mesh grilles, fog/brake inserts, side vents, and rear bumper mesh. Didn't go with license plate surround though...way too over the top. It covers half the trunk lid. I should have just blown my inheritance and gotten the V. They had a new '12 still on the floor stickered at 72 marked down to 59K. Offered them my CPO 2012 Premium Coupe with 13K miles on it and 20K cash on the spot. They just laughed so I took a hike straight out the door. I'm saving for the Hennessey V mod anyway. Maybe next year they'll make an ATS V Coupe with 1,100 HP. Being lighter, that sucker should hit 250 mph easy.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 base CTS Sportwagon

I don't see the difference between the sport grille and the 2013 grille either.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the 2012 sport grille? part number 22822576? gmaccessorieszone has a pic but it doesnt help. they say its bright finish?
    Not sure about p/n 22822576 listed at GMAccessoriesZone for $455.00 (MSRP), and whether that is truly the 2012-13 Sport Grille [rpo TL1] that is a component of the CTS Touring Package [rpo WBL]. Part number 22822576, described as "GRILLE KIT" at GMPartsDirect, is listed there for $334.43 plus shipping.

Did some quick research and the individual grille components (the upper and lower grille) that make up the TL1 Sport Grille appear to be:
    20995558 GRILLE, FRT, Upper - SPL GRL TL1 - listed for $174.44 + shpg at GMPartsDirect
    20995557 GRILLE, FRT, Lower - SPL GRL TL1 - listed for $76.29 + shpg at GMPartsDirect
    > Other or additional hardware may be needed to install the (2) grille components, particularly if installed on a 2008-11 CTS. As always do your research before buying!

2 photos below of 2012 CTS Premium Sedan equipped with CTS Touring Package (and therefore TL1 Sport Grille). The only apparent difference on the Sport Grille, compared to the standard 2012-13 grille, is a toning down of the bright work. The vertical and horizontal bars look charcoal in color.

Photo below of 2012 CTS with standard non-sport grille. As a cheaper and easier option - compared to buying a Sport Grille - the standard 2012-13 grille could perhaps be sprayed ("dipped") to achieve a sportier look. Stone chips however could be a problem, depending on how the job is done.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Not sure about p/n 22822576 listed at GMAccessoriesZone for $455.00 (MSRP), and whether that is truly the 2012-13 Sport Grille [rpo TL1] that is a component of the CTS Touring Package [rpo WBL]. Part number 22822576, described as "GRILLE KIT" at GMPartsDirect, is listed there for $334.43 plus shipping.

Did some quick research and the individual grille components (the upper and lower grille) that make up the TL1 Sport Grille appear to be:
    20995558 GRILLE, FRT, Upper - SPL GRL TL1 - listed for $174.44 + shpg at GMPartsDirect
    20995557 GRILLE, FRT, Lower - SPL GRL TL1 - listed for $76.29 + shpg at GMPartsDirect
    > Other or additional hardware may be needed to install the (2) grille components, particularly if installed on a 2008-11 CTS. As always do your research before buying!

2 photos below of 2012 CTS Premium Sedan equipped with CTS Touring Package (and therefore TL1 Sport Grille). The only apparent difference on the Sport Grille, compared to the standard 2012-13 grille, is a toning down of the bright work. The vertical and horizontal bars look charcoal in color.

Photo below of 2012 CTS with standard non-sport grille. As a cheaper and easier option - compared to buying a Sport Grille - the standard 2012-13 grille could perhaps be sprayed ("dipped") to achieve a sportier look. Stone chips however could be a problem, depending on how the job is done.
    Yep, the grille in the top pic is the TL1 (TL2 for the lower) and they're far more gray than black. They don't look a bit better than stock IMHO. However, they are significantly cheaper than the sport grille sold in the accessories catalog. One of the gals who works at the dealer had an E and G black ice heavy mesh on her CTS and that was a wicked look...close to like on the V. Can't wait to get mine installed. With all the mods I'm making, (grilles, spoiler, wheels etc.), I probably could have gotten a 2011 CPO V with about 25k miles for the same amount of money!

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB

Thanks, that's why I'm getting confused when the one at gm accessories says bright finish

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    Yep, the grille in the top pic is the TL1 (TL2 for the lower) and they're far more gray than black. They don't look a bit better than stock IMHO. However, they are significantly cheaper than the sport grille sold in the accessories catalog. One of the gals who works at the dealer had an E and G black ice heavy mesh on her CTS and that was a wicked look...close to like on the V. Can't wait to get mine installed. With all the mods I'm making, (grilles, spoiler, wheels etc.), I probably could have gotten a 2011 CPO V with about 25k miles for the same amount of money!
    Personally I prefer the original design grille found on the 2008-11 CTS, which is the grille installed on my '11 CTS4.
    TL1 is the rpo code that's designated for the Sport Grille on the 2012-13 CTS - included and only available in the (WBL) CTS Touring Package.
    Code TL2 that you mentioned doesn't actually exist for the CTS. According to the GM Regular Production Option (RPO) Master List, rpo code TL2 relates to a fleet incentive for the Mississippi Lime Company (TRK CKG)!!
    Be sure to post a photo of your E & G black ice heavy mesh grille after it's installed.

Tom Wheeler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

For all the reasons stated so far is why I picked the E&G Sport Grille with the black ice mesh.
    Tom
    Attached Images

sandcracker21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wheeler View Post
    For all the reasons stated so far is why I picked the E&G Sport Grille with the black ice mesh.
    Tom
    Tom, what was the name of that grille? Is that the one with the "black raven" option? I love that look and want to find it myself

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Personally I prefer the original design grille found on the 2008-11 CTS, which is the grille installed on my '11 CTS4.
    TL1 is the rpo code that's designated for the Sport Grille on the 2012-13 CTS - included and only available in the (WBL) CTS Touring Package.
    Code TL2 that you mentioned doesn't actually exist for the CTS. According to the GM Regular Production Option (RPO) Master List, rpo code TL2 relates to a fleet incentive for the Mississippi Lime Company (TRK CKG)!!
    Be sure to post a photo of your E & G black ice heavy mesh grille after it's installed.
    I don't know about the TL2 code...that's just what the parts guy said was for the lower section. It took some time for him to find it in the database so he probably misread something, but he was ready to order it for me no questions asked. On some forums people have said they've been told you cannot order that grille from the touring package, but you can if you ask the right person nicely. Either way, it isn't close to being black and looks no better than the stock grille - maybe worse. To me it was rather dull. I thought the heavy mesh was nice but actually went with the fine mesh because the rear bumper kit, side vents, and fog light/brake covers in the same style were all only available in fine mesh and I wanted it all to match up. I'll definitely post some pics. Parts should be here in about ten days and the body shop I use said it would take them a day or two to do that and buff out a few tiny scratches, fix a hood chip or two etc. They said the black diamond tricoat was tricky but were confident they could do it. They mainly work on exotics and do incredible work. Our '04 BMW looks like it just came out of the showroom after they fixed some hail dents. I don't know what he did, but he went over the entire car and it looks spectacular. Hoping he'll work the same magic with my coupe. I've had a few nice cars over the years but I can't go anywhere now without people stopping me and asking about the CTS. Of all things, most comment about how wicked the rear is. Too bad its days are numbered. I hope the powers that be in Dearborn rethink discontinuing the CTS coupe.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

My coupe has the E & G Grill as well, and most people think it looks like a CTS V which is a pretty cool bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by chagrin falls View Post
    Excluding the V grills, I feel the design of all Cadillac grills is horrible. I love the rear design of all their cars but they miss the mark on the grills. They all look as cheap as the plastic they are made from. It is one of the reasons I replaced the grill on my STS and CTS with an E & G mesh. Just my opinion..............

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

On the sport grille the outer frame is body color and the egg crate behind is chrome.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Very nice, very nice.
    Tom

Tom Wheeler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by sandcracker21 View Post
    Tom, what was the name of that grille? Is that the one with the "black raven" option? I love that look and want to find it myself
    Black Ice EGX Sport Fine Mesh Grille $541 plus having E&G paint it Black Raven add $180, installed at a good custom here in the north Detroit area including replacing the driving lights (fogs) with HID's and tinting the windows for a grand total close to $1500. Here's a link: http://www.carid.com/2012-cadillac-c...es-325166.html

Tom

RAB

Tom

Looks great, Tom. Excellent choice of grilles, and terrific job done by the local custom shop. Your '12 Sport Wagon looks sharp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.