water leak in passenger floor area - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, water leak in passenger floor area in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc 0-60n4, Can you please PM or email me your contact information (name, address, phone ...
    0-60n4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI white diamond

Re: water leak in passenger floor area

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    0-60n4,
    Can you please PM or email me your contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) along with your VIN number, and mileage of the vehicle. I would like to see what I can do to help you out with this issue.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service
    I don't seem to be smart enough to fine your e-mail address or a way to PM you. Can you contact me?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If you want, you can email me your info, and I will forward to Cadillac Cust Svc.

Thanks, Jimmy. E-mail sent.

wesiii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    What so you mean about the 1 under the dash and how does that one come into play? Is it the AC condenser drain tube or related to the sunroof? How do you get to that one under the dash? I previously had a leak on the front passenger floor when using the AC and related to the AC condenser drain hose but the service writer at the dealership did not know how to access that. There will be tons of people interested in this thread if they plan on keeping their cars like I do. Thanks again.

The nylon clips clamp around the hose and then push into a body hole with a barbed end. In order to pull the stock hoses out you have to remove these clips. The front hoses have two clips on the "A" pillar that are easily removed. There is a third hose clip that can only be removed by reaching under the dash. The sunroof drains only drain the sunroof. I am not familiar with the condenser drain.

*Remove the front kick panels (these are the plastic side panels under the dash - to the left of the driver's feet, right of the passenger's feet.
    *Remove under dash trim plates - plastic panels under driver and passenger dash area - both have lights that need to be unplugged. Passenger side has airbag control module (I think it was) that needs to be unplugged also.
    *Once these panels are removed, reach up and peel back the carpeting from the outer corners. The carpeting has attached isulation and is fairly rigid so takes a little effort to move. On the drivers side there is also a styrofoam wedge (dead pedal) that I found easier to remove and then glue back to the carpeting.
    *With a light, look up under the dash to the now exposed side area (I ended up on my back for this part). You should see the drain hose coming down (if you follow the hose up you should now see the third clip) and then going through an access hole and finally plugging into a grommet in the inner fender. Tugging a little on the drain hose from above (while you're laying under the dash) may help to identify what you are looking at.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60n4 View Post
    Thanks, Jimmy. E-mail sent.
    I pm'd all the info you sent me to Cadillac Cust Svc.

jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

I think I may have a similar problem except it is occurring near the trunk lid. There are times when it hasn't rained for a week, but when I open the trunk lid I hear water trickling and see it come out from under the grey felt looking stuff on the inside of the trunk lid. I investigated a little more and some of the plastic caps that cover up the screws and such have white residue. I think water is trickling out of these covers and what is left is drying and leaving the residue. Could this be a clogged drain tube in the trunk area? I will take it in soon to have it checked out.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by jhschlak View Post
    ...Could this be a clogged drain tube in the trunk area? I will take it in soon to have it checked out.
    More likely rain or carwash water has penetrated and pooled beneath the 3rd brake light mounting on the trunk lid, a fairly common problem for 2nd Gen CTS.

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Quote Originally Posted by jhschlak View Post
    I think I may have a similar problem except it is occurring near the trunk lid.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    My trunk lid did the same thing and the dealer removed the third brake light and used a sealant on all of the attachment points to the trunk lid.

jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

Thanks guys. I will ask my dealer to seal the light.

Cust. Service. Any luck getting me some help?

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I want to point something out here since this thread is linked from the DIY FAQ thread. For anybody that would consider trying to clean out the rear hose by way of the top end, which would be difficult to access without removing the rear glass panel, I want to offer this warning: If you loosen the glass screws or remove the panel, it will be out of adjustment and the positioning of the panel is critical to the seal performance. If the seals are too tight anywhere, they will pinch and tear prematurely. If they are too loose anywhere they will leak air causing noise and/or leak water.

If you have a panel out of adjustment, I believe the dealer has a procedure for adjusting the panel position and it's probably best to have the adjustment done by the dealer.

Latest Update and final update:
    I was thinking I wanted a new CTS-V sedan. My wife was wanting a new Cadilac SRX. I thought we had found the perfect comprimise; the CTS-V wagon; until the latest from custor service. My wife got a call from Nichole at customer service stating there was no documentation of our problem and that we need to take the car to the dealer to find out what was wrong. I had aready talked to our dealer who said they were aware of the problem but would not fix it under warranty because it was 9,000 mile out of warranty. I called Nichole back and got her voice message saying she was only available Mon - Fri from 8 - 11 and my call was very important to her. Her English was so bad I could hardly understand her but I left a message with my CS#, name and phone number. A week later and no call so I called back between 8 -11 but got voice mail and left my message again. A few days later the same thing. Obviously my call was not so important. So requested a new CS rep and got Christine. She had a strong accent but her English was clear enough and she was very polite. I explained that the dealer we had been working with was an hour drive and that they knew what the problem was already. She said we still needed to take it in. I asked if we could take to our local dealer only 10 miles way but she said it would be best to take it back where we purchased it. So my wife got off work one day and drove there. The service rep raised the hood and pulled some leafs from around the fire wall/whindshield area and showed them to my wife and asked if she parked under a tree. She said yes, there are trees beside our driveway. He said that's the problem. Duh? The next day we get a voice message from CS manager, Leo. Seriously, his English was so bad I could not understand his phone extension. I had to get my wife to interpret it for me. I called Leo and left him a messge to call my cell phone and repeated my name and cell phone number twice, slowly and clearly for him. Next day, another message at home. Repeat my previous message. Finally after 3 days we talk. He says his manager is reviewing the case but they probably will not be able to do anything. A few days later, another call on the home number. 2 days later he calls me to let me know for sure, they can not do anything. They can only replace the hoses with originally hoses with original design. Nothing can be covered. Even if it was within the 50,000 mile warranty it would not be covered. I asked him, so you mean a Cadilac CTS with a sun roof can not be parked ourside near trees??? His only response was under certain locations and circumstance it can be a problem. So if I go buy the $70,000+ CTS-V wagon with a sunroof, I can expect the same thing if I park it under a tree? No thanks! My wife's old ford with a sunroof parked there for years with no problem. I've been parking my Denali with sunroof in the same spot for 3 years with no problem. Obviously Cadilac has an engineering design flaw they are not willing to stand behind. So I am done with Cadilac. And you would think an American car company, in America, would have someone in customer service that could speak good American English.

DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Honestly after clearing twice I'm still getting a wet floorboard and it's a bit ridiculous. I see my wife's 06 Ka and my 01 Jeep, both with sunroofs and wonder why they don't leak but a shower soaks the interior of my loaded 09 Caddy. Just doesn't make sense....

sampson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60n4 View Post
    Latest Update and final update:
    I was thinking I wanted a new CTS-V sedan. My wife was wanting a new Cadilac SRX. I thought we had found the perfect comprimise; the CTS-V wagon; until the latest from custor service. My wife got a call from Nichole at customer service stating ...........
    I came upon this thread looking for info as our 09 just started this passenger side leaking from our last 2 rain storms. We are almost at 3 years of our 4 year warranty and interestingly enough have no trees to park under. So I'm wondering if the GM dealer will own up and repair the leak or deny that there is a problem.

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

It should not be a problem at all especially if you take it while the carpet is damp. Just don't leave it wet for too long.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.