08 W / Bluetooth and Onstar Mylink App WORKING! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 08 W / Bluetooth and Onstar Mylink App WORKING! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Purchased a 2011 module today and got it installed in my 2008 AWD. Everything works good except the Onstar mylink ...
    wmupilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 DI, NAV, FE2

Re: 08 W / Bluetooth and Onstar Mylink App WORKING!

Purchased a 2011 module today and got it installed in my 2008 AWD. Everything works good except the Onstar mylink app won't give me the option to start the car. I'm going to try and see if the dealer will fix it on Friday.

gtajeffe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Re rear camera inquiry: navtv.com has a rear camera and interface, I had the system installed in my 09 V and it works great. They have a rear camera that replaces one of the license plate lights (same location as 2011's) the camera comes on automatically when you put the shifter into reverse and comes up on the nav/radio screen. In addtion, I added a front camera behind the lower grill and adjusted it so you can see how close you are to parking curbs or sidewalks so you don't curb your front spoiler. The system came with a micro push button switch that you can select which camera, as with the front unlike the rear, you have to manually switch it when you want it on.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Quote Originally Posted by wmupilot View Post
    Purchased a 2011 module today and got it installed in my 2008 AWD. Everything works good except the Onstar mylink app won't give me the option to start the car. I'm going to try and see if the dealer will fix it on Friday.
    I Have the same problem the onstar/ VCIM Module just needs to be reprogamed for remote start

Poopie D is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4

Does your call display work?

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Yes I Have a Sprint Evo W/Andriod

Any update? Did anyone get the dealer to program with Tech programmer?

Well, I just ordered the part from my dealer. I have read in some places that the dealer's can't get them. I guess I'll find out. Part number was 22796947 which apparently is the replacement for 22739392. The dealer did not know if the unit comes with the bluetooth antenna, but if it doesn't, I hope the existing one in my car will fit. Just as a reminder, I already have bluetooth but apparently 2009 models have trouble with call display with certain cell phone carriers. I just want my call display to work. The mylink will be a bonus I guess..

I found someone on ebay selling the 22796947 and his story says that he had it in his 2009 so I am hoping it will work. I was unable to contact him through ebay as he will not ship to Canada and therefore, I can't ask him a question. I am sure he is somewhere on these forums.

I should have the part in a week and will post update. If anyone has any luck getting directly from dealer, let me know...and let me know if it comes with bluetooth antenna.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Poopie D,
    I am glad that the dealer was able to order the part for you, now lets keep our fingers crossed it fits! Keep us updated!
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

general21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac cts 2008
    So poopie d. How did that work out for you ?

Got the part...everything works great. Bringing it to the dealer tomorrow for programming. Just as a note, the part did not come with the bluetooth antenna so I used the one that was already in my car. It is only a $20 part anyway.

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

I have a 2010 wagon, with Bluetooth and remote start already. However, I'm interested in upgrading to the Gen9 VCIM just for the MobileApp compatibility. Will performing this swap give me that functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by Wag-O-Neer View Post
    I have a 2010 wagon, with Bluetooth and remote start already. However, I'm interested in upgrading to the Gen9 VCIM just for the MobileApp compatibility. Will performing this swap give me that functionality?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopie D View Post
    Yup.
    But what if the donor car does not have those functions. Will it need programming, or is it smart enough to know that those features are present?

Also, when I initialize it with OnStar won't they realize that I just purchased a wagon, initialized that car, but now it has a different VCIM? Or will it look like a second car on my account? Sorry, new to GM and OnStar....

----------

Also, post 3 here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2011-cts.html

Clearly stares a different part number for module with Bluetooth and the one listed as the part w/o Bluetooth. Just a simple mistake?

The dealer will have to run an Onstar setup procedure. It is not done with a Tech 2 programmer...not sure what they do it with. In that process, they will tell the module what options your car has. I am not sure what version has the bluetooth and which one doesn't. Mine came with Bluetooth but no antenna attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopie D View Post
    The dealer will have to run an Onstar setup procedure. It is not done with a Tech 2 programmer...not sure what they do it with. In that process, they will tell the module what options your car has. I am not sure what version has the bluetooth and which one doesn't. Mine came with Bluetooth but no antenna attached.
    Ok, thanks. I'm gonna take a trip to the dealer tomorrow and have a chat with my service advisor. I'm going to supply him the few part numbers I've found and see what he says. So far I've found:

All are supposedly for the CTS, Gen9 w/ Bluetooth.

All I want is the damn MobileApp to work, but not lose my Bluetooth, key fob start, and OnStar service. I should just gotten a 2011. I had no idea it didn't work on the 2010s. But if I can get this working for a few hundred bucks, I'll feel better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.