My 100 mile review, lots of irritations! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My 100 mile review, lots of irritations! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by JimmyH give me styling, more importantly, give me performance. If the infotainment is subpar, so be it. ...
    Megathumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 Luxury Sports

Re: My 100 mile review, lots of irritations!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post

give me styling, more importantly, give me performance. If the infotainment is subpar, so be it.
    And whatever is left over , give me tech !

I just wish I could see weather radar, find a hotel and cheap good gas on the Nav screen when traveling ! And display engine diagnostics and... And with my luck, display close by affordable tire store.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megathumper View Post
    And whatever is left over , give me tech !

I just wish I could see weather radar, find a hotel and cheap good gas on the Nav screen when traveling ! And display engine diagnostics and... And with my luck, display close by affordable tire store.
    I can do all that and more

and the car doesn't have to be in park
    Homerjay71 and Homerjay71 like this.

Megathumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 Luxury Sports

crap...well you are right. Except I have a Blackberry I have to have for work. I want a bigger screen. And in Columbia, SC, the car does have to be in park, at least fully stopped or the local LEO is going to get you a change to fund the city.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

My cars don't have built-in nav, so it's a non-issue for me. Back when I had them in my CTS's, I never used them anyway

thunder0938 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS wagon 3.6

did you look at the car or sit in the car before signing on the line?

"Chrome around the clock and dials and stalks... looks nice in the evening and overcast days like my test drive... today in the bright sun- wow that clock was blinding. and since they decided not to put a digital clock next to the temperature in the nav screen, or DIC, i HAVE to look at the blinding glare. even not looking at it i can see it in the corner of my eye.
    --center console cant even fit my sunglasses case
    --leg room width. i cant rest my right leg while cruising because the center console flares out so wide at my knee"

????

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

The diversity of experience reflected this thread is amazing. Some folks really POed with GM & it's Caddys.

Others, like me (a 20 buyer of nothing but Japanese cars), elated with their CTSs.

I don't get several of the complaints, though. I have not had a single blinding of eyes from wood or metal surfaces while driving several thousand miles in sunny Cali. And as for sunglass holder that cool little upper compartment on the Coupe console is perfect for sunglasses + cellphone+ ear piece+ vehicle reg & proof of ins.

spind is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium
    I hadn't thought to put sunglasses in the top portion of the center console. Thanks 'motownpimp'

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

The trunk also has plenty of room for sunglasses.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

You must have one hell of a reach, snafu!

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

Only 2 complaints with my car at 15K. The i4 and bluetooth never works right, and wind noise at drivers window. Bose system takes care of the wind noise, and GM better come with a fix for the Bluetooth. Other than that car has been good to me so far. This has got to be one of the best looking cars on the road for the price.

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

Trim this, what has been your problem with the bluetooth and iphone 4? I get some static on occasion when I am on a call and it switches from phone to bluetooth, but that's it ...

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

I realize I'm replying to an old thread (last July?), but thought some relevant things were said here, and I can relate to a few of them.

As a new CTS Coupe owner myself, I keep discovering "little things" that either please or annoy me,and I really wouldn't have figured any of them out during the test drive, OR the 1 day I was allowed to "borrow" the car before coming back to finalize the deal.

1. Agree that Caller ID info should really show up on the nav screen. Heck, I'm not even sure I like the way Cadillac places MOST of the info they've got on the 2-line display under the speedometer. It just feels all backwards to me, compared to other cars I've owned. For example, the current outside temperature always displays as though it's a selectable "tab" on the nav screen. Now THAT'S actually one of the few things I'm used to looking at the other display to see, and it looks like an afterthought, placing it on a virtual "tab" like they did. You can press on any of the other tabs to change screens, but not the one that shows the temp. If I was the designer in charge of this stuff? I'd mandate that the 2-line display show the odometer reading on one line and outside & inside temperature on the other. Have a single button for cycling the odometer display to "trip odometer 1" and "trip odometer 2", estimated miles remaining before tank is empty, and average MPG. Put everything else on the nav screen, like tire pressure of all 4 tires, oil life remaining, and other "vehicle health" type stuff. It'd be far easier to display in an easy to read manner on a full color screen, and would eliminate multiple, confusing buttons to deal with for the other display.

2. I was pretty quickly surprised at how stiff the leather seats felt. I'm not a guy who's very picky about seats, so I wouldn't call these "deal breaking" by any means, for me. (I guess I'm used to a lot of cheaper cars that had barely adjustable, not so comfortable seats, anyway.) But nonetheless, I doubt any random person you blindfolded and sat down in this car would guess it was made by Cadillac if you asked them to go by their feel. I got the impression that between the heating/cooling options and adjustability, Cadillac expected us to be satisfied, ignoring the fact they feel a little like sitting on a padded wood board. I do know that leather seats with taller side bolsters, for more of that "locked in place" feel develop early leather wear on the top of those bolsters, from constantly rubbing them as you get in and out. So maybe that's the good part about these?

3. I noted the lack of streaming bluetooth a2dp audio, but don't miss it much. Biggest downside to not having it is probably lack of ability to listen to something like Pandora or Slacker radio, fed from a smartphone. When you have an active XM subscription though, PLUS the hard drive built into the radio, PLUS ability to remote control an iPod, PLUS regular AM/FM, PLUS ability to play regular music CDs or CDs full of MP3s? Can't you get by?

4. Figured out right away my sunglasses and case fit perfectly in the top part of the center compartment. As shallow as that is, that may be one of the ONLY good uses for it?

5. Nit-picking here, but personally think chrome pedals should have come standard on a Performance or Premium edition of the Coupe.

6. Voice command system on this car stinks ... and not because it doesn't do recognition well. It's fine in that respect. It's just boneheaded to have to say "hands free" before you say "bluetooth" and then a THIRD command, before you get it to take an action with your cellphone! I should be able to hit a steering wheel button, hear a "chirp" or it saying "ready" or whatever, and be able to issue any necessary command right from there! My wife's Kia does, and it even auto-downloads the phone contact list from the phone every time you start the car. In fact, it's so embarrassingly poor, I noticed my salesman tried his best to ignore or downplay the entire feature while showing me the car!

7. Another "nit-pick", but how about AWD versions of this car giving the driver the ability to select a true 4WD mode? My Jeeo Patriot does this, with a computerized AWD system that normally operates the Jeep as a front-wheel drive vehicle, but automatically gives a percentage of power to the other wheels when it detects wheel-spin, OR, you can alternately pull a lever to tell it you want it to lock the wheels in true 50% front / 50% rear power-delivery mode for true 4WD. That ability is nice when you're driving in snow and ice, and don't really want the computer second-guessing when/how much AWD you're getting at a given moment in time....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.