My 100 mile review, lots of irritations! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My 100 mile review, lots of irritations! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Attachment 77517...
    MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Re: My 100 mile review, lots of irritations!

irfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    irfan,

you made a mistake getting the CTS. Certainly the CTS does have it share of problems, however what you describe are rather "features" or "characteristics". I would strongly advise get out of the lease as quickly as you can, cut the losses and get something that you will be happy with. Otherwise you will be unhappy for the reminder of the lease. And no, it will not grow on you. It will progressively get worse.
    I agree. I have listed it on swap-a-lease already, hopefully it gets moved quickly. Its a good lease rate, hoping that gets it moved.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Wow. there were alot of things I did not like about my 2009 CTS4. But it took months, not hours, for me trade in the car. Like you, i should have researched it better. However, you strike me as the guy looking for the perfect car. I hate to be the one to tell you, the perfect car has not yet been built.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I think that you will get use to the seats. It took me about 8 days. But I am hearing lots of complaints about ventilated seats. My friend's /07 Tahoe has very comfortable seats but with his '10 that has the ventilated seats I feel like I am sitting on top of the seat bottom instead of in it.

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

The seat comfort of the CTS coupe is one of its BEST features, in my opinion. To each his own. If seat comfort is a high priority as it was for me, then test driving is critical.

MKWAGON is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI

Amazing how many folks will sign up to put out that much cash for a vehicle without spending some real time in one first. It's possible to rent anything, should you not have a dealer willing to let you take one for a day or two. I still really enjoy my wagon, even more so after having taken it to the track a few weeks back.

karstman7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts di

Wink Re: My 100 mile review, lots of irritations!

weird, as i type this my garage houses my black cts [I]and[I] my silver rx8 (now a track only car), i'm also a dentist, and my girlfriend's passat has wayyy more comfortable seats too...lol.

jmatero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I have to tell you... the ONLY thing keeping me from buying a CTS right now is the standard seats. To me, the backrest is like sitting on an ironing board and there is no support north of center back. I'm DELIGHTED the Recaros are available for 2012 and may have to revisit the CTS. Well, if it offers bluetooth audio streaming...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
    I have to tell you... the ONLY thing keeping me from buying a CTS right now is the standard seats. To me, the backrest is like sitting on an ironing board and there is no support north of center back. I'm DELIGHTED the Recaros are available for 2012 and may have to revisit the CTS. Well, if it offers bluetooth audio streaming...
    Agreed. I wouldn't say the base seats are awful as I put 442 miles on my sedan rental last week without pain. But I hate the lack of upper back support and the seat bottoms are too short and flat as a board...

Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    Things that REALLY irritate me:
    --Nav screen hardly shows any street names, even in max zoom. I cant see the names of the next few streets even! its just stupid. I know i can hit the street button on the bottom and see the next street (very cool) but that doesnt help in a city where i need to know streets well in advance.
    --Nav Night mode isnt dark colors... just dimmer. No black/dark map mode? the screen in minimum brightness is way too bright with that yellow and green map. I have to lower the screen during night use since its too bright.
    --Chrome around the clock and dials and stalks... looks nice in the evening and overcast days like my test drive... today in the bright sun- wow that clock was blinding. and since they decided not to put a digital clock next to the temperature in the nav screen, or DIC, i HAVE to look at the blinding glare. even not looking at it i can see it in the corner of my eye.
    --center console cant even fit my sunglasses case
    --leg room width. i cant rest my right leg while cruising because the center console flares out so wide at my knee.
    Two things that really irritate me in my '09 V are things you've mentioned. Why the colors of the nav are the same from day and night I'll never know. I have great eyesight but even I have an unnatural time adjusting to the nav screen at night. A black screen with bright accent colors at night would be worlds better. As for the center console, I had rented a CTS sedan for a long drive before I bought my V. I drove it for over 600 miles. I decided that playing with the seat location and telescoping wheel helped the knee into the console issue. does the coupe wheel telescope? It may be worth it to scroll the seat back and bring the wheel back to match. An interesting note: the Recaros have such aggressive bolsters, it keeps my knee from splaying out into the console anyway. That makes it a non-issue.

I had rented a late 90s Malibu once that had a console that bowed out and blocked my natural knee bend. 2 hours gave me excruciating knee pain. Hence why I was so concerned about that console...

Quote Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
    Bluetooth audio would be sooo nice...

streaming audio is not that great. it drops from time to time.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Plus, I'm assuming your streaming from your phone, which will need to be plugged into power if you listen to it for any period of time. I'm gonna say this as a major tech geek, some things (cars) need less tech. Why would I get hung up on the tech of a car, when in 2 years it's gonna be obsolete, and I'm gonna have the thing for 5-10 years? I'd prefer a car that's styling and general build will last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by brothleutner View Post
    Plus, I'm assuming your streaming from your phone, which will need to be plugged into power if you listen to it for any period of time. I'm gonna say this as a major tech geek, some things (cars) need less tech. Why would I get hung up on the tech of a car, when in 2 years it's gonna be obsolete, and I'm gonna have the thing for 5-10 years? I'd prefer a car that's styling and general build will last 10 years.

give me styling, more importantly, give me performance. If the infotainment is subpar, so be it.

btw, I have a2dp in my Camaro and don't even use it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.