Class action suit for heated windshield washer malfunction - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Class action suit for heated windshield washer malfunction in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'd like to see what the OP does for rest and relaxation other than thinking about the heated washer he ...
    C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Class action suit for heated windshield washer malfunction

I'd like to see what the OP does for rest and relaxation other than thinking about the heated washer he didn't get.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just my two cents. What a huge waste of time and money this entire process would be. I had the recall performed a few months ago. Last week I ordered a replacement unit from Alpha Therm. For less than $75 including freight and a new fuse I got everything in a few days. Yesterday I did the installation. It took less than 20 minutes and I am ahead of the game by $25. Everyone can do the even an attorney who can't distinguish one end of a hammer from the other.

GrayGhost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Brian M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Just curious why GM did not consider AlphaTherm as their solution? Do you think there might still be a fire/short/safety concern on their part even with a different manufacturer?

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Just curious why GM did not consider AlphaTherm as their solution? Do you think there might still be a fire/short/safety concern on their part even with a different manufacturer?
    AlphaTherm is the company GM used for this component. The company declared bankruptcy at some point in between the first and second, or after the second recall related to these systems. After the second recall GM probably decided it was best to cut their losses and remove this feature.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Just curious why GM did not consider AlphaTherm as their solution?
    Long story, short. OEM manufacturer MicroHeat was bankrupted by the first GM recall. MicroHeat's investors started a new company AlphaTherm and purchased MicroHeat's assets from the bankruptcy trustee. Then, in the absence of GM's OEM business, AlphaTherm sold, dismantled, and relocated one of its two production lines to a South Korean company.

According to AlphaTherm: "GM did contact AlphaTherm weeks prior to the [final] recall and inquired about obtaining units. Unfortunately, due to production capacity, AlphaTherm is unable to produce enough products to support GMs recall efforts. However, AlphaTherm is capable of producing tens of thousands of the AT-37GM units which enable us to offer them as GM replacements on an individual basis."

http://alphathermusa.com/files/Compa...35_vs_AT37.pdf

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

sorry guys, let's not go down this road again please?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.