NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by jprop Thanks. It looks like the PAC unit would be the most cost effective option for me. ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech

Quote Originally Posted by jprop View Post
    Thanks. It looks like the PAC unit would be the most cost effective option for me.
    If you had a 2008 or 2009 I would definately tell you to get the Coastal Unit since you would have to Cut the VSS wire using the PAC unit in the early models. In any case I updated the site:

PAC NU-STS2
    Coastal CTS Lockpick

We priced the new CTS Lockpick at $279.95 based on what they charged us on our initial shipment.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    If anyone is interested. I have the PAC piece brand new never installed (did open the package tho) for $175 shipped.

danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

k as there are probably lots of users with both devices. Oh and btw, up here in Canada I could watch all the TV/DVD I want while driving down the road ... as long as its "handsfree" if tha
    Quote Originally Posted by BMANN06 View Post
    I understand this topic may be a bit in the forum ... to be totally honest I want the DVD video unlocked so my Kid can watch her Dora the Explorer ... and because I cant seem to get enough dora during the evenings and weekends ...

Anyways, which is the better product? Figured this would be the place to ast makes any sense .

I have 2010 CTS Premium with factory nav without rear view camera. Can lock-pick camera plus something else from them allow me to install rear view camera?
    http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_CAMERAS.htm

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

I have sold a bunch of the new Coastal CTS Lockpicks. Did any of you guys try one yet? Curious how you like it and know if you have experienced any problems with it?

Gibsond7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

Tomm, can you detail the differences between the Coastal and PAC units? Is it just video inputs and wire cutting?

I have a 2012 V wagon.

Can you detail things like:

What does "accessing the onstar and Bluetooth" menus mean?
    Beside from having the passenger use the navigation while driving, seeing the backup camera at any time, and playing a video while driving, which I don't plan to do b/c I did that once in my 2004 V and realize how distracting that is, what else can either of them do?
    Do the separate units use the same buttons on steering wheel or door mirrors to control things or do you access features in a different way? It would be nice not to have to press a special button each time I want my wife to type in an address.

Thanks.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I just installed the PAC in my 2013 Vagon. The backup camera activation only shows a black screen unless I recently shifted into reverse. Then it will toggle the camera view but eventually times out to a black screen again. Ideas?

LSUFoolsball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan All options

I want a lockpick but I see some say it works and some say it doesnt after while.

o1 SR-71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I just installed the PAC in my 2013 Vagon. The backup camera activation only shows a black screen unless I recently shifted into reverse. Then it will toggle the camera view but eventually times out to a black screen again. Ideas?
    I have this same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by o1 SR-71 View Post
    I have this same issue.
    You will need the Coastal CTS Lockpick if you want to activate the camera other than in normal reverse. Problem is Camera is only wired to have power in reverse. The Coastal Units will give you a +12V line to connect to the camera wire so that you can access the camera when not in reverse.

http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Co...-Lockpick.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.