NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by underpsi68 The PAC unit requires cutting one wire. Depending on where/how you cut it the dealer might ...
    tomm is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech

Quote Originally Posted by underpsi68 View Post
    The PAC unit requires cutting one wire. Depending on where/how you cut it the dealer might see it. The unit won't directly affect the nav or radio though.
    This is correct for 2008-2009's (There is one wire that needs to be cut) 2010's and up do not need to do this.

Reeper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTSV 2007 Escalade ESV

1 more question about the pac unit, what about ability to hook up back up camera? As I have a 2010 V, and have already got a hold of b/u camera and want use it lol. Does it just tap in to the PAC harness or is it more involved?

There are no video inputs on the PAC unit. If the CTS had a rear view camera option you can tap into the video in for the camera manually but the harder part would be trying to get your dealer to activate the rear view camera inputs on the navigation unit. To reprogram your radio you need a Tech II tool and dealers will charge anywhere from $60 to $130 to do this.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    There are no video inputs on the PAC unit. If the CTS had a rear view camera option you can tap into the video in for the camera manually but the harder part would be trying to get your dealer to activate the rear view camera inputs on the navigation unit. To reprogram your radio you need a Tech II tool and dealers will charge anywhere from $60 to $130 to do this.
    Tomm,

Any word on the new coastal CTS universal solution having a video input jack that can be activated by the steering wheel button.. If not, could you have them consider it. Tnx

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Tomm,

Any word on the new coastal CTS universal solution having a video input jack that can be activated by the steering wheel button.. If not, could you have them consider it. Tnx
    The new CTS lockpick if released will have video input(s), There were some changes with many 2012 GM vehicles which causes compatibility issues with the new unreleased product so they are still working on it. They are working on one model that will work on different vehicles with different dip settings.

BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS4, 02' Avalanche Z71, 09' Vibe, 05' R1
    Sweet video inputs!! Now i can play call of duty on my way to work!!! Obviously jokin' keep us posted on when itll be released! Be a nice upgrade!

cmabry1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury

[QUOTE=tomm;2524075]
    Quote Originally Posted by dancastro View Post

We make very little on these. If you shop them you will see everyone is $249 or higher on these. We don't focus on lockpicks as its not our main business but because we value this forum we get stock on them really only for the forum members here and we have them priced at a discount. If you go to our website you will not find them unless you search for them so only the people that come from this forum will know we even sell them.
    I see them available but How do I know if they can work with my 2006 DTS? Im not really mechanically inclined.

cmabry1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury

Might there be a new one thats compatible with an 06 DTS?

Quote Originally Posted by cmabry1982 View Post
    Might there be a new one thats compatible with an 06 DTS?
    No, There is nothing available for the DTS.. Sorry

New Coastal CTS Lockpick is finally done and we will have pricing on Monday. It will be higher in price than the PAC Unit but the Coastal unit will be much better. Unlike the PAC unit there is NO wire splicing needed and is completely plug and play. Will also have multiple inputs (Pac Unit has none) I will post all the details tomorrow for those that have been waiting.

2sa
    2sa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Sedan-White Diamond

I am new to this board but have browsed heavily over the past week. I am likely to place a order for Pac unit soon. Based off what I have read here, the lockpick will allow you to play DVDs and utilize the navigation while the car is in motion but the device is not specifically designed to support video out from a smart phone as is.....correct? Does the PAC unit for a 2008 CTS have a video input at all? If so, would a device such as this http://www.skivatech.com/categories/...ter/index.html work? It would be nice to stream netflix or slingbox home TV from my iphone. Sorry if already discussed, I have not seen reference to it in my reading here.

**Edit** I now see Tomm's post that a new Coastal unit is available but could not find one on his site for the CTS. Has anyone tested it with a iphone and video streaming?

We have the new Coastal Units in stock but we have not updated them on the site yet. If you go with the PAC Unit and you have a 2008-2009 it will require you to cut and splice a wire and the PAC units DO NOT have a direct video input. The new Coastal Unit does not require any cutting and it has 2 Video inputs.

jprop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Tomm, I am ready to purchase a lockpick. I have a 2010 CTS. I do not want to cut any wires, I do not need any additional video inputs, and I do not want watch DVDs while driving. I simply want to use the nav while the car is in motion. Would you recommend the PAC or Coastal Tech unit? Are your new Coastal Tech units ready for shipping? If so, what is the model number and what is the price? I am also interested in which is easier to use. I would prefer not to have to press a lot of setup buttons on the steering wheel to get it to work. Is it possible to have the unit active whenever the car is started? Thanks. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jprop View Post
    Tomm, I am ready to purchase a lockpick. I have a 2010 CTS. I do not want to cut any wires, I do not need any additional video inputs, and I do not want watch DVDs while driving. I simply want to use the nav while the car is in motion. Would you recommend the PAC or Coastal Tech unit? Are your new Coastal Tech units ready for shipping? If so, what is the model number and what is the price? I am also interested in which is easier to use. I would prefer not to have to press a lot of setup buttons on the steering wheel to get it to work. Is it possible to have the unit active whenever the car is started? Thanks. Jim
    When you say unlock the Navigation what exactly do you mean? Just unlock the menu's so that you can make changes to your navigation while in motion. If that is all you are after than the PAC unit would be the lower cost option at $199.95 shipped. We have not nailed down our pricing on the new Coastal unit which is why it has not been posted yet. Coastal has not nailed it down yet but based on what we paid on our initial shipment we received, the cost on the Coastal CTS Lockpick would be around $269 - $279 or so. Coastal is selling them for $319.95 right now. We do have them in stock and will try to get them on our site later today.

jprop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks. It looks like the PAC unit would be the most cost effective option for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.