NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I had ordered the lockpick from Tomm he was helpful adnd adressed my concerns when my unit had not arrived ...
    angryducheman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech

I had ordered the lockpick from Tomm he was helpful adnd adressed my concerns when my unit had not arrived after getting stuck at customs (during the canadian mail strike)
    I have now recieved my unit I was really hoping for the lockpick one but recieved the PAC on for the reasons above.
    I had to cut one wire for this PAC unit to function correctly Due to the year of my cts early 08 (really simple anyway).
    the one thing that I would really like to see on the pac is the ability to add the aftermarket bluetooth connnections (mute and audio in)
    does anyone know if this is possible on the pac unit??

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

The original CTS Lockpick just added leads for the wires that were already there so yes you should still be able to add bluetooth if you wanted to. On a different note the original CTS Lockpick is now being scrapped and will not return. Coastal is however working on an all new CTS lockpick on their newer platform that is shared with the Gen 6 and will work on multiple other newer vehicles that they have not supported in the past. The new CTS Lockpick will be going into testing soon and will be available in the next 1-2 months if all goes well.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Tomm, what the status on this new lockpick?

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    Tomm, what the status on this new lockpick?
    New CTS Lockpick is still in Testing. It will not be called a CTS LOckpick when its released sometime in November because it will be a multi-vehicle lockpick that will work will all GM 44 Pin new Navigation units. For right now the Pac unit is the only one available.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Well at least it will be out in time for me to get myself a Christmas present

I will keep everyone informed. We plan to be the first dealer with the new product as we speak with Coastal a few times a week and the first question we always hound them on is where the new lockpick is.

New Lockpick for the CTS has been pushed to Q1 2012 now... Sorry I was originally told they would be here by now but they are not ready. Until the new CTS Lockpick is out all we can sell is the PAC units until then.

Sorry Everyone but Looks like a Coastal Q1 CTS Lockpick is probably not going to happen. I speak with them weekly but the product is still not ready. Pac Unit is still all we can provide for the CTS at this time.

99ssconv is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): fix them every day

Havent seen any CTS' but we have had numerous escaldes come in for radio issues and its always the lockpick. i just removed one and tossed it in the trash last week.

Quote Originally Posted by 99ssconv
    Havent seen any CTS' but we have had numerous escaldes come in for radio issues and its always the lockpick. i just removed one and tossed it in the trash last week.
    Care to shed some light on the problems u see it causing?

BlackOnBlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

I have checked the PAC website, and the CTS product, model NU-CTS2 isn't listed for the 2012 model year CTS. Does anyone have it installed on a 2012 CTS-V, and can confirm it works properly?

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

I just installed the NU-CTS2 on my 2011 CTS (can't speak for the 2012, but I know the vast majority of sites describing or selling the NU-CTS2 didn't even say it worked with a 2011), and it works just fine for me! Only notable thing is, I have to follow their usage instructions for a "V", since I have a heated steering wheel button where they say a "SRC" button can be found to press to enable it. I use the up-arrow button for the power mirror.

BlackOnBlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Thanks Kingtj - Glad to hear it's working for you on your 2011. I called Tom at Best Radar Detectors (.net), and he referred me to the PAC manufacturer directly. I called PAC, and they said the PAC NU-CTS2 unit hadn't been tested yet with the 2012 CTS-V. The gentlemen I talked with said that there were no reports of the unit not working with a 2012 V, but that it hadn't been verified yet. I'm still hoping someone on this forum has done it and can verify before I order one to try...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackV
    Thanks Kingtj - Glad to hear it's working for you on your 2011. I called Tom at Best Radar Detectors (.net), and he referred me to the PAC manufacturer directly. I called PAC, and they said the PAC NU-CTS2 unit hadn't been tested yet with the 2012 CTS-V. The gentlemen I talked with said that there were no reports of the unit not working with a 2012 V, but that it hadn't been verified yet. I'm still hoping someone on this forum has done it and can verify before I order one to try...
    U should tell him ull test it out & let them know if it works or not

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    U should tell him ull test it out & let them know if it works or not
    If we had access to a 2012 we would test it but we don't. We also do not have the service manuals available for the 2012's yet but if the connector is the same there should be no issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.