NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Got mine installed today! Works great! Best price on em' I've seen! Thanks again Tomm!...
    BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS4, 02' Avalanche Z71, 09' Vibe, 05' R1

Re: NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech

Got mine installed today! Works great! Best price on em' I've seen! Thanks again Tomm!

GrayGhost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Anything else I should know about prior/during installation? What did you use to pop your wood trim out?
    Sorry, I was away. I went to Harbor Freight and picked up the interior tools that someone mentioned in another thread...they worked really well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...set-67021.html

I also replaced my fog lights and rear trunk chrome molding, so they came in handy there too!

The two pieces you have to remove on each side of the shifter were a little difficult to get out. I was afraid to put too much pressure for they'd break or damage the leather, but I eventually worked them off gently. The only other problem was positioning the harnesses behind the radio so you can get the radio unit back in all the way...I think that was the worst for me. You might was to get some super sticky double sided tape to stick the lockpick to the inner dash so it doesn't rattle around later. Also, grab some towels to place over center console and around front of radio unit while hooking up wiring harness, so you don't accidentally scratch anything.

It wasn't too bad...probably about an hour taking my time.

GrayGhost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Lol!! I guess my post was just a little too late.

BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS4, 02' Avalanche Z71, 09' Vibe, 05' R1

Thanks for the post, yah I chipped my console moulding! I was super careful too ... what a drag. I'm hoping I can find the part no. for this as this little chip is going to drive me nuts!

underpsi68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I am interested in ordering a Lockpick for my 2009 CTS. Are they in stock? No wires have to be cut? This has the auto setting where you don't have to hit any buttons on the steering wheel?

Thanks!!!

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Yes, If you order a unit today we can have one shipped on Monday. There are no wires to cut. The link for ordering is Cadillac CTS Lockpick

Order placed.

Thank You!!!

angryducheman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

order placed thanks.

Just to let eveyone know I placed an order with Tomm for the Lockpick unit and recieved a PAC NU-CTS2 unit. The VSS wire in the factory harness has to be cut for the PAC unit to work on 08-09 CTS models. Apparently the Lockpicks have been back ordered for last 3 months and are still out of stock.

It took me about an hour to install the unit including gathering the needed tools. I took my time removing the wood trim pieces with plastic pry bars as not to chip or break the wood. The install was very simple including splicing into the factory VSS wire. The directions with the unit were pretty good.

I ordered the unit late Friday night and received it on Tues. Tomm was great to deal with as I had a few questions and he was very helpful through everything.

Thanks Tomm!!

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

All Coastal CTS Lockpicks are no longer available. The only solution for the next few months will be the PAC units which work well and we have them priced at the same price. The problem is the CTS & STS Lockpicks use the same unit but with different programming. No other vehicle besides these two vehicles use these lockpicks so they stopped production on them. In the past the GXM322, Gen-5 Etc. all shared the same platform but when they moved to the newer Gen-6 and GXM-522's they move to a new platform. The new platform is not backward compatible with the CTS & STS so unless they over produce the newer units they will not stop production on the new models to build some old units. They will not offer any ETA except to say that if sales slow on the new units after the summer they might do a production run on the older lockpicks.

Megathumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 Luxury Sports

rats...

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by underpsi68 View Post
    Just to let eveyone know I placed an order with Tomm for the Lockpick unit and recieved a PAC NU-CTS2 unit. The VSS wire in the factory harness has to be cut for the PAC unit to work on 08-09 CTS models. Apparently the Lockpicks have been back ordered for last 3 months and are still out of stock.

It took me about an hour to install the unit including gathering the needed tools. I took my time removing the wood trim pieces with plastic pry bars as not to chip or break the wood. The install was very simple including splicing into the factory VSS wire. The directions with the unit were pretty good.

I ordered the unit late Friday night and received it on Tues. Tomm was great to deal with as I had a few questions and he was very helpful through everything.

Thanks Tomm!!

Is one unit better than the other? Do you have to cut/splice any wires on install with both units or just with the PAC unit? I am in no hurry to install so I don't mind to wait for a "possible" better unit. Can I be put on a wait list for the lockpick unit for when they arrive?

Thanks

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

Question Re: NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech

double post

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
    Great deal! If anyone else out there has a used one they want to get rid of...I'd be interested. I just really hate how it won't even let the passenger enter a new address in the nav while moving. I know what they were thinking, but c'mon!
    I just want to be sure everyone realizes you can enter address's while driving by using voice commands. You start with the command, "Enter street". It's so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Is one unit better than the other? Do you have to cut/splice any wires on install with both units or just with the PAC unit? I am in no hurry to install so I don't mind to wait for a "possible" better unit. Can I be put on a wait list for the lockpick unit for when they arrive?

Thanks
    I don't think one is better than the other. They both do the same functions. The only difference is you have to cut into the vss wire on the 08-09's.

There are 2 ebay sellers listing the lock pick unit in stock. I did enquire to one of them if the unit they were selling was in fact the lock pick and they responded yes. So there's another option.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.