NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; [QUOTE=tomm;2522406]We cant do $90 but we do have the best price on brand new ones.... $199 Here is the link ...
    dancastro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium - Black Raven/Cashmere

Re: NU-CTS2 by PAC Audio or LockPick by Coastal Tech

[QUOTE=tomm;2522406]We cant do $90 but we do have the best price on brand new ones.... $199
    Here is the link if your interested..

tomm-how about a coupon code for forum members?

GrayGhost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

i like mine so much I might get a winter beater next year.
    It's kind of stupid because my CTS AWD is built for winter and what's the point of heated seats if I never get to use them? On the other hand, winter is when most of the bad stuff happens to cars and it's nice to know that road salt won't be eating away it. On a morning like this (another 6" of heavy snow) and having to drive a POS with a defroster that barely works...I nearly pulled my CTS back out though, but I've lasted this long without it...what's a few more weeks?

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

[QUOTE=dancastro;2523164]
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    We cant do $90 but we do have the best price on brand new ones.... $199
    Here is the link if your interested..

tomm-how about a coupon code for forum members?
    We make very little on these. If you shop them you will see everyone is $249 or higher on these. We don't focus on lockpicks as its not our main business but because we value this forum we get stock on them really only for the forum members here and we have them priced at a discount. If you go to our website you will not find them unless you search for them so only the people that come from this forum will know we even sell them.

BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS4, 02' Avalanche Z71, 09' Vibe, 05' R1

Hi Tom,

I was looking on your website at the Beltronics STi Driver, would this device work on a motorcycle? Where it could get exposed to rain etc? I really like the technology built into and would love to be able to transfer it from the CTS to my bike.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BMANN06 View Post
    Hi Tom,

I was looking on your website at the Beltronics STi Driver, would this device work on a motorcycle? Where it could get exposed to rain etc? I really like the technology built into and would love to be able to transfer it from the CTS to my bike.

Your thoughts?
    Many people use the Sti Driver, 9500ix, Redline Etc. on their bikes and you can buy special mounts online for radar detectors made for specific bikes but none of them are weatherproof. If its exposed to rain and moisture the detector will not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by BMANN06 View Post
    Very intersted! Order placed .... and btw thanks for not hosing me on the shipping rates!!
    Did you receive your order ok and get it installed?

Tomm, I got mine today and installed it. It works, but I hit mute 4 times and the DVD video comes back on. After a few seconds though, the 'blocked' screen reappears. If I hit mute 4 times again, video comes back and seems to stay. I didn't actually drive it...all playing in the driveway standing still, so I don't know if I'd lose it again if I were to run it longer. Any idea? Jumper switches?

PS: I have to do the 8x mute every time...wasn't just a one time deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
    Tomm, I got mine today and installed it. It works, but I hit mute 4 times and the DVD video comes back on. After a few seconds though, the 'blocked' screen reappears. If I hit mute 4 times again, video comes back and seems to stay. I didn't actually drive it...all playing in the driveway standing still, so I don't know if I'd lose it again if I were to run it longer. Any idea? Jumper switches?

PS: I have to do the 8x mute every time...wasn't just a one time deal.
    Did you set the Dip's correctly?

1 ON
    2 ON
    3 OFF
    4 OFF
    5 OFF

Also, realize if you did not set the dips correctly prior to connecting the harness the changes will not be in effect. The dip settings need to be adjusted prior to connecting the lockpick since it needs to initialize with those settings. If you change the dip settings while connected the settings will not go into effect unless you disconnect and reconnect the harness from the lockpick.

I didn't change the settings, although I shouldn't have assumed they were correct. Do you honestly think that is the issue...I'd hate to take it apart again to find that they are correct? It's not a big deal, I just worry that if it doesn't act the way it's supposed to, that there is something wrong. Another decent day in Cleveland, so I'll take it out for a road test today.

I didn't change the settings, although I shouldn't have assumed they were correct. Do you honestly think that is the issue...I'd hate to take it apart again to find that they are correct? It's not a big deal, I just worry that if it doesn't act the way it's supposed to, that there is something wrong. Another decent day in Cleveland, so I'll take it out for a road test today.
    Yes, By default all dips are usually all up. If you did not change the settings that will totally change the way the unit operates.

DOH!

Alrighty then, I'll have to check that. At least I don't need to pull the radio unit back out (that was a pain to get back in because the harnesses get in the way). On the drive to work it kept going back to the locked screen, so it is either the incorrect switch setting causing it to act strangly or the harness on the back of the lockpick came loose while I was putting it back together. All the other radio features work fine and those cables lock in, so it can't be the main harness. I was working on my car for about 6 hours last night and put this in at about 11pm...I should have done this when I wasn't so tired. Basically I didn't even think to check the switches, which is what I'm betting the problem is. Instructions are for women...and men who don't want to spend more time working on their car. BMANN...learn from my mistake!!

Turns out those dip switches are pretty important...opened it back up during lunch and set 1 & 2 to 'on'. Problem solved.

Thanks!

Turns out those dip switches are pretty important...opened it back up during lunch and set 1 & 2 to 'on'. Problem solved.

Thanks!
    Yes, Changing a dip can completely change its operation. Glad you got it all working now!

BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS4, 02' Avalanche Z71, 09' Vibe, 05' R1

BMANN...learn from my mistake!!
    Will do!! Anything else I should know about prior/during installation? What did you use to pop your wood trim out?

Guys, Normally I set the DIP's prior to shipping the units but I was not feeling good the past few days and I had someone else pack and ship orders for me. They set the dips incorrectly when they packaged them.

Please make sure the dips are set to:

1 ON
    2 ON
    3 OFF
    4 OFF
    5 OFF

The person who packed them was thinking that up was on and some units shipped with the dips in the opposite position and it will not work properly in the wrong settings so check them before you install them.

Brand New CTS Lockpicks $199 Here is the link if your interested in one.. CTS Lockpick

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.