Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CTS Coupe navi-retrofit DONE!!!

25K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  wisejeff 
#1 ·
I have installed, rewired all the navi components ,except rear camera, into my CTS coupe. It works turns on and all BUT.. Yess there is a BUT:helpless: it's LOCKED!!!! I did it on my 2010 SRX with no reprogramming problems. DOES anyone know anybody who unlocks head units?? I tried to relearn the VIN to the HU but the bulletin just tells me to replace the radio. That means that the HU needs to be programmed at GM.. Can anyone help with this?:hmm:

#3 ·
I changed a radio on my 06 and when installed it was locked. I had to have the dealer go in with a tech 2 and reassign my vin to the head unit. after that all was fine and worked well. I'm not sure if your problem is solved as easily but I hope so. It's great to hear someone has finally been able to accomplish this. How long did it take? any idea of all of the costs? good show, enjoy.

#5 ·
We have tried programming the Head Unit with the tech 2, GM interface module, and even tried installing that unit into another 2011 CTS WITH OEM nav and it still didn't learn the VIN. I need someone who kmows how to unlock these head units.. When I turn on the car, the screen pops up and the screen displays that pyrotechnic lazer show Cadillac emblem display thing.. But then a rectangle showing "locked" comes n stays on!:hmm::nono:

#6 · (Edited)
Please figure this out.

This may help...
This was posted on the SSR forum.

When I first installed the radio I found it was in theft lockout mode. This means that the radio vin# and your vin# do not match. You can do a temporarily bypass the lockout function by leaving the ignition key in accy and disconnecting the batery for 3-5 sec. Re-connect terminal and the radio will work as normal until you move the key out of accy. This is great as it will save you from paying a dealer to unlock it and then find out the radio dosnt work. The dealer charged me $107 to unlock the radio. After 2 hours they said they couldnt unlock it and the radio will not work in my truck because it didnt come as a factory installed options. Even after I gave them the instructions on how to unlock it. I asked to go back and talk to the tech. I did the temp bypass and he seen the radio working. He was amazed. Using the Tech II Scan tool he was trying 03 and 04 models. I told him to pick a differnt year or model until we find one that works. It wasnt til we used an 05 model that it did the VIN re-learn and unlocked. 3 min after I went into the shop

Keep us posted

#7 ·
Remember guys, my retro fit is into a 2011 cts coupe. Like I said, we have tried relearning the VINs and even entering other VINs from 2008-2010 cts's. I am upgrading from a performance coupe, DVD audio, hdd, 5.1 Bose. What I did was replaced the head unit, installed the screen, installed the bezel or center stack, and modified the wiring harness to accommodate the 3 other extra plugs the new HU needed that go from the center stack to the HU and the $200 COAX cable that looks like a USB that goes connects from the Head to the display unit. I know that the 1st gen cts radios are easy to relearn vins and reprogram etc. I just need to unlock the Head unit part# 25979736 (am/fm stereo and video disc plyr & navn & mp3 & hrd drive)

#20 ·
I am very confident that I can do this mod. I just bought a nav setup out of a wrecked 2012 coupe. I have a guy that can unlock the nav when I get it installed. I am also looking to add the backup cam to it, but I can't seem to hunt down the correct part number. Does anyone happen to have it? I believe that the car should be prewired for the cam. I will keep you guys posted.

#25 ·
albotz said:
Not for nothing but while we wait on a response i came across this and it is siiiiccck. I want bad I rather do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD8UiabqOm4

----------

Not for nothing but while we wait on a response i came across this and it is siiiiccck. I want it bad!! I rather do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD8UiabqOm4
That video made me come up with at least 25 questions but looks awesome. I wonder if that breaks the voice control and steering wheel buttons...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.