2008 CTS Timing chain recall? - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Timing chain recall? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Tbbt Joekitch, Seems that you always have questions but no answers here, and you don't even own ...
    joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Joekitch,

Seems that you always have questions but no answers here, and you don't even own a CTS!

Don't you have something important to do?
    if it's any consolation, all these questions will have payoffs once i actually own a cts. in the form of lots of pictures and tutorials to do neat mod-y things and junk. it'll be gr8
    Mistercoffee2 likes this.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

gr8t

mcneill8328 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by joekitch
    if it's any consolation, all these questions will have payoffs once i actually own a cts. in the form of lots of pictures and tutorials to do neat mod-y things and junk. it'll be gr8
    That's a bold assumption. Based on the cars you have been looking at, I think most of your time is going to be spent fixing major structural issues (ie. The wagon with the f'd up roof) or putting money into a car with 200k miles just to keep it on the road. I'd venture to guess most people on this forum will never want to deal with any of that.
    Tbbt and CTSCHICK like this.

joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328 View Post
    That's a bold assumption. Based on the cars you have been looking at, I think most of your time is going to be spent fixing major structural issues (ie. The wagon with the f'd up roof) or putting money into a car with 200k miles just to keep it on the road. I'd venture to guess most people on this forum will never want to deal with any of that.
    on the one hand, if you cant wrench your car, it's not your car IMO
    on the other hand, repairs are a good thing, since i'll be making video tutorials of the repair process. there's a big dearth of video tutorials surrounding the cts in general

rhigg1959 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I received a letter several months ago from GM stating that they would give me an extended warranty of 5 years or 120k miles on the timing chain. There was no recall. If this has changed, I have not heard anything about it.

Mustang Matt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rhigg1959 View Post
    I received a letter several months ago from GM stating that they would give me an extended warranty of 5 years or 120k miles on the timing chain. There was no recall. If this has changed, I have not heard anything about it.
    #11340C special coverage adjustment

It doesn't cover all cars, but it does cover most of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.