Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The only way to overcome what is happening is to get the nav disk. Maybe ur dealer can get it ...
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    The only way to overcome what is happening is to get the nav disk. Maybe ur dealer can get it at a discount for u. U can also see if there are any members that would be willing to sell u their disk. Then u would have to try to get an activation code from GM nav disk.

I know a few members that want this route, but not sure of their outcome.

At least u have half the battle over.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Quote Originally Posted by thae2541 View Post
    It didn't go so well... The screen doesn't do what it is supposed to. As soon as I put the car in reverse the cam comes on and stays on... even in drive. What I've been doing is backing into spots at work so I don't have to use reverse so much. HEHE Thanks for your help though, it is much appreciated. At this point, i'm just going to wait until the 2012 Nav disc comes out (whenever that is). I have to take my car in to the dealer and I'll see if they can update the soft are at least but not too hopeful as so far they are useless!
    fyi... the last time i waited for a new nav disc was 2009 for my old sts-v. i started inquiring in january and the disc didn't become available until june. so unless you got more definitive info from the navdisc people, don't be surprised if it takes them a while to come out with the 2012.

thae2541 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 3.6DI
    I'm quickly realizing that about the nav disc people! One told me it was being released last Monday and now I get an email for 2-3 weeks. I wish I had a job where I could just pull random dates out of the air... I can wait - just for now I have to park so that I can pull out of a spot rather than back out.

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Someone may have already answered this question, but post has gotten long I couldn't find it.

Can you just wire the backup lamp power and the Ignition voltage together (pins 3 & 6 on the camera connector) and power the camera from only the backup lamp circuit? That would save me from running ignition voltage from the front of the car.

Thanks,
    D

I don't see why not. The only thing I would be concerned about is overloading the reverse circuit. Maybe test the cam to see how much it it pulls, then go from there.

Is rather be safe than sorry.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors View Post
    Someone may have already answered this question, but post has gotten long I couldn't find it.

Can you just wire the backup lamp power and the Ignition voltage together (pins 3 & 6 on the camera connector) and power the camera from only the backup lamp circuit? That would save me from running ignition voltage from the front of the car.

Thanks,
    D
    You would probably also loose the camera after you shift out of park,It stays on for a few seconds. So you would probably have a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dsteinmann

You would probably also loose the camera after you shift out of park,It stays on for a few seconds. So you would probably have a black screen.
    This is very true.

OK, thanks guys. I assume you meant after I shift out of reverse the screen might instantly go black? I was not aware of that. My rear trim w/camera is on its way. Hope to get it installed soon.

Just found out the my order for the trim piece (part #22768336) is on backorder. GMPartsDirect says GM has it on backorder and they have no idea how long it will be before the part is available. Anyone know of someone that might have this part in stock?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

1) call your nearest dealer (or stop by the parts dept)
    2) ask them to run that part number on the 'locator'
    3) ask them for the resulting list of dealers so you can buy it direct

i can run it on the locator but it lists the dealers by distance from me, not from you
    (that's why you want to go to your local dealer)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors
    Just found out the my order for the trim piece (part #22768336) is on backorder. GMPartsDirect says GM has it on backorder and they have no idea how long it will be before the part is available. Anyone know of someone that might have this part in stock?
    I tried to pm u but said its not allowed.

If u need the trim piece with the cam, I can get it for u from my dealer at a discount. I also can get u the 10 pin connector that goes to the trim piece as well as the terminal connectors for the nav radio & the trim piece (i might have enough left). Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    I tried to pm u but said its not allowed.

If u need the trim piece with the cam, I can get it for u from my dealer at a discount. I also can get u the 10 pin connector that goes to the trim piece as well as the terminal connectors for the nav radio & the trim piece (i might have enough left). Let me know.
    WOW, that would be GREAT! I do need the connectors too. I sent the webmaster a message asking why PM's to me were not allowed. Have not heard back yet. I added you as a 'friend' but apparently I cannot PM you either. May be because I am a too much of a newbie to this site. I'll try another PM after I hear from the web guru.

Rippy, thanks for the info. I live out in the boonies and the closest Caddy dealer is over 60 miles away. If sfv41901 can't help me I'll give your suggestions a try.

Thanks,
    D

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    Why don't you just order just the camera (I think I paid $113 for it) and cut/trim it in yourself. On my 2012 coupe the cutout was already outlined in the plastic so it was easy.

Might have something to do with ur post count.....not sure.

----------

So I have enough terminals for the nav radio. I only have 5 of the terminals that go to the cam trim piece. It needs a total of 10.

Ill see if I can order some more. Might take me a wk.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rdecrane5
    cut/trim it in yourself. On my 2012 coupe the cutout was already outlined in the plastic so it was easy.
    Why would u cut the harness? If it ever needs to be removed, u would have to cut the wires again......unless u used a generic 10 pin connector.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    I was talking about the camera mount. Instead of buying the whole chrome trim with the camera in it. You can buy just the camera and mount it yourself in your existing chrome trim. I will take pictures when I get to my shop and show you what I am talking about.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.