Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I was at my dealer on Sat & my reg service tech had me drive Into his bay. He hooked ...
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

I was at my dealer on Sat & my reg service tech had me drive Into his bay. He hooked up my car & turned off the cam. Then he gave me a flash drive to plug into my usb port. This installed some sort of update. When it was funished, he turn on the cam again. The "somewhat" good news is when my screen is in the down position & I go in reverse, the screen goes up just like it should & goes back down when I go into drive or park, but if the screen is up when I go into reverse, the rear cam shows up & when I shift to drive, the image stays there till the screen goes black at which point it can't control the radio. I have a 2011 nav disc on order. Hope this will help.

TxAuto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): many

Call Domnic at www.tvandnav2go.com I'm ordering that kit, he assures me it will solve my problem 100% expecting the part in any day.

TxAuto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): many

Can you ask what update he installed?

I'll ask when I pick up my nav disc.

csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Sorry guys, been away from this thread for a long time and am just taking a look now.

First to address the bare drain wire at the radio X4 cavity 18 location: This is a mistake in my writeup. The excess bare wire should be cut off at X4 in a way so that it will not ever come into contact with any other terminals around this connector. Best to cut the wire and tape it back to the harness. Pin 18 is already a ground for the speaker wire shield so if you connected both it should not be a problem. I apologize for this mistake, it should be pretty minor.

Second, it sounds like something has changed in the internal software in the radio. I am not talking about the software that is installed by the Nav disc, this would be firmware pushed to the radio through the tech tool at the dealer. It's possible that they have changed something and maybe revised the radio firmware to add the road lines and change the functionality of the pop up. It may be causing issues on the 2008-2010 vehicles because they were never meant to have the camera officially.

I have not had anything updated on my vehicle since doing this mod and everything still works perfectly. I never updated the Nav database software but did have the dealer do a free update that was part of a service bulletin a year or so ago. I was going to actually finally buy a new nav disc but after reading this I am nervous about it.

Maybe someone from one of the dealer service departments that post here have some better insight into what may be causing this. Unfortunately I have a different job now and do not have access to the folks that used to help me with this stuff.

Ok guys, I got my 2011 Nav disc today. Got it installed & I am happy to say that all of my issues have been resolved.
    Westdog976 and Westdog976 like this.

csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

That is great news, thanks for posting your results! Now I won't be afraid to update my NAV software in the future.

ur telling me. I was afraid that i spent all this money & alot of time pulling the car apart just to find out than i might not be able to get it completed.

Thx again for the write up & pm's.

dancastro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium - Black Raven/Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by TxAuto View Post
    Call Domnic at www.tvandnav2go.com I'm ordering that kit, he assures me it will solve my problem 100% expecting the part in any day.
    TxAuto - Did you get the kit? how did it work out? Any info would be appreciated!

Sergiot1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cherry CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    TxAuto,

What you described thats happening to you is happening to me. When I put the car in reverse, if the nav screen is down, it stays down. It does not come up unless I hit the raise button. I do however get the image from the camera with the yellow markers. When I take the car out of reverse, the cam image remains on the display for about 15 sec, and then the screen goes black with the yellow lines. Then only way to get the radio functions back is to lower the screen & turn off the radio then back on.

For those that have done this mod & it works correctly, can you please tell me what nav software you have installed?

On a side note, unplugging my cam harness on the trunk does not yeld a different result than what I am already having.

Thanks for all the info guys, but now this is happening to me, I bought an aftermarket camera with just a video input and power. I installed the camera so that it comes on with the reverse light and go it tapped in to the wires on the plug #5 and #15. I got the dealer to turn on the cam an they also updated some software, the good thing is I got video and also can see the yellow lines, but if I take it out of reverse it stays black with the yellow lines, wont go up or down by itself either. The only way to take it out of the black screen is the same way you said, put it down and turn off then back on.
    I have not installed the 2011 disc yet, do you guys think updating would solve my problems? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiot1 View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys, but now this is happening to me, I bought an aftermarket camera with just a video input and power. I installed the camera so that it comes on with the reverse light and go it tapped in to the wires on the plug #5 and #15. I got the dealer to turn on the cam an they also updated some software, the good thing is I got video and also can see the yellow lines, but if I take it out of reverse it stays black with the yellow lines, wont go up or down by itself either. The only way to take it out of the black screen is the same way you said, put it down and turn off then back on.
    I have not installed the 2011 disc yet, do you guys think updating would solve my problems? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Updating to the 2011 Nav Disc worked for me.

Sergiot1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cherry CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    Updating to the 2011 Nav Disc worked for me.
    Thanks! Just did the update and its workng just fine!
    Westdog976 and Westdog976 like this.

Glad to hear

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Does anybody have the tray numbers on all the little connectors so i dont have to buy a whole bag of each?

I have them at home. I ended up buying straight from the manufacture cause my dealer didnt have them. 25 in each bag. When I get home I'll post them.

----------

Come to think of it, if u look at the pdf, the part numbers for the pins have the tray listed.......

"terminal/tray: SAIT-A03T-M064/14"

so the terminal part number is SAIT-A03T-M064
    and it is in tray 14.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.