Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; You never know.....maybe the computer is waiting for the video signal & since it doesnt see it, it gets stuck ...
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

You never know.....maybe the computer is waiting for the video signal & since it doesnt see it, it gets stuck on stupid....just a crazy thought.

TxAuto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): many

the fact that this one has the yellow parking lines and no one elses did makes me think it's something that the cadillac dealer here did...instead of just turning the camera on, they changed the software completely to like a 2011 or something? Don't know, they kinda suck here in Clear Lake

So the yellow lines look like guide lines?

If that's the case, then maybe they did change something.

wesiii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Performance

My .02 for those without NAV like myself. I replaced my rear view mirror with a GNTX-657 (bought it on ebay) which has a LCD monitor built in. This is the same mirror that GM (and other manufacturers) puts in some SUVs. Ran the wiring above the headliner, attached a camera above the license plate area, whamo back up camera. I like the idea of a camera in front with a switch....I'll have to try it.
    bojangle and bojangle like this.

So I'm in the middle of following the write up & came into an issue that I need help with. I'm hooking up the leads to the radio now.

On the X4 connector, the new leads need to be plugged into the following:

Camera 2+ into pin 5
    Camera 2 into pin 15
    Bare wire into pin 18.

Well here's my problem, on my X4 connector, there is already a bare wire in pin 18. What gives & what do I do now?

On the 2011 X4 connector doc that was posted, it shows that there is a bare "drain wire" in pin 3 & pin 18. My connector has no wire in pin 3.

Can I do one of the following:

1) Put the new bare wire in pin 3.
    2) Take the current bare wire in pin 18 & move it to pin 3 so I can put the new bare wire into pin 18.

I havent taken my car to my service rep yet to get this feature turned on, so its not like I can test to see if either one works. Can anyone help me?

Anybody??? My car is pulled apart & need to get it back together. I dont want to have to pull the dash apart again.

You figure this out? Need to check with my guys and see if they came into this same problem....might explain my problem if so

Not yet, I did however test my cam with a TV & only used the Camera 2+ & the Camera leads. Didnt need the bare wire to get it to work on my TV so I just plugged up the 2 leads into the X4 connector, put it all back together & am taking it to my dealer in the AM.

I texted my service advisor today......he called in "sick" today which really means he wanted a 3 day weekend. He'll be in tommorow so I'll be there 1st thing in the am.

So I'm at the dealer. They just turned on the cam.....I've got video,but........the radio is keeping the cam screen on. Duho

Updates to follow.

So the tech is not sure what the problem is. He chked all TSB but didn't find anything. He said that he'll call the GM tech line to follow up. I do know that my nav radio has version 1.02, so not sure if this might be an issue. Gonna go home & disconnect the cam harness to see if that helps the radio resume.

TxAuto,

What you described thats happening to you is happening to me. When I put the car in reverse, if the nav screen is down, it stays down. It does not come up unless I hit the raise button. I do however get the image from the camera with the yellow markers. When I take the car out of reverse, the cam image remains on the display for about 15 sec, and then the screen goes black with the yellow lines. Then only way to get the radio functions back is to lower the screen & turn off the radio then back on.

For those that have done this mod & it works correctly, can you please tell me what nav software you have installed?

On a side note, unplugging my cam harness on the trunk does not yeld a different result than what I am already having.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Sfv41901,
    I apologize about this inconvenience. If you would, please keep us updated as to what the dealer finds out about this issue, and how it is resolved.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hmm, not able to get mine working either...at least you got video, right? I did talk to someone and they said something about the Cam Bus wire. Fixing to order this to see if I can get this working right. Shipping this one to europe. Don't want it to have problems http://www.tvandnav2go.com/gmc_video_modifications.php

Ok, my screen doesn't pop up either, have to raise it manually. We are having the EXACT same problem

Kevin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.