Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by exm22psu Here's my breakdown: pins and connector $51, 22awg wire $8, shielded wire $17 including shipping ($7 ...
    BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS4, 02' Avalanche Z71, 09' Vibe, 05' R1

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Quote Originally Posted by exm22psu View Post
    Here's my breakdown: pins and connector $51, 22awg wire $8, shielded wire $17 including shipping ($7 product cost), molding with camera $197 = $273 dollars. I didn't include the nav update as it seems optional.
    I thought the updated nav disc was required in order to get the "pop up" in reverse feature? Am I wrong? I still want the updated disc anyways as mine is the "at the time" factory rev.

csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

You do not need the nav update for this mod. I did not update my nav software (I actually have never updated it except for the free update the dealer did a year or so ago under a TSB). The dealer will just go into the radio setup and enable the camera. From that point forward, your vehicle will act like it has the camera (pop up/down, turn on/off).

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

Well all, I finally got around to installing the camera. I am going to the dealership tomorrow to get it enabled. I'll let you all know how it turned out and what I did differently from csalmon. Wish me luck!

Well at the dealership now and try said they enabled the camera and it is still coming up with a blank/black screen, just after it did with the nav update. I can only figure that they either don't know what they are doing or I hooked up the ignition voltage wrong. Where did you wire the ignition voltage + salmon or others? Otherwise I followed the directions to a "T"

Sorry, that's csalmon ... On an iPhone here ... I'm surprised it didn't work ... Trying to figure out what I or they dis wrong ...

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Sounds like they did their part fine as long as it changing to a black screen when in reverse. Check your connections

I found out that my reverse lights are no longer working ... And unfortunately the reverse lamp fuse is not marked and so I haven't had a chance to locate the issue. I'm going to post on that to see if anyone knows the fuse location.

Hey All,

I thought I would add some additional information about how I installed the rear-view camera in my 2009 CTS. First, I decided to use a 1" hole saw to cut a larger hole in the truck, rather than remove and reattach the wires to the connector from the chrome appliqué piece with the camera, ez pass truck release, and license plate lights. In drilling the hole, I overlapped the existing hole (way too small for the new connector) and the rubber boot surrounding the harness (it comes with the 2011 appliqué) filled in the opening perfectly. Before pressing the boot into place, I applied primer, matching paint, and clear coat to the bare metal to protect it. I also did the same with the new holes that have to be drilled for attaching the upper portion of the appliqué to the trunk lid. For those upper holes, I used rubber washers on both sides and a new nut and bolt combination. After I was done with the installation, I sprayed the entire inside area of the trunk with rust proofing/sound installation. Second, rather than pull out the driver's seat, when running the shielded pair to the silverbox (stereo), I tucked it under the trim piece at the door sill on the passenger side and behind the glove box to make the connection. Similarly, I ran the ground, back up light connection, and Ignition 1 with the harness under the back seat. Once I reached the driver's side, I tucked the Ignition 1 wire under the carpet and then the trim piece at the door sill to the IP harness where the connection is made. Other than that, I followed csalmon's directions to a "T". When I took the car to the dealer to enable the camera, I had already installed the newest 2011 NAV update. The dealer indicated that many of those files were not the newest and updated all the files for me, in addition to enabling the camera. That's it!

dancastro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium - Black Raven/Cashmere

exm - were you able to get it working?

Hey dancastro, yep working perfectly after I changed the backup light fuse.

walle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I took my 08 to the dealer with this info and the tech told me he needs tech support to write a program for my VIN to enable the screen also the new camera does it come with both plug ends? he said it comes with the camera end only and GM does not sell the female end without buying the whole harness please help also could you let me know the dealer that helped you so maybe my tech can find out a couple of details.

thanks so much can't wait to have this done.

walle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

will you please help me and my 08, my dealer said there are a couple of issues one is with gmtechline and the VIN number of the 08"s is there a dealer you took this too to have the camera enabled? because my tech said he cannot find the info, it would help a lot if he could talk to your tech @ the dealer sure would help alot.

thank you

walle

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Can anyone tell me where they sourced the 3 JST SAITS-A03-M064 terminals (to attach to NAV radio connector). I've sourced everything eles but these.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

dealerships can source these terminals
    and
    if you can get the tray number that they are stored in then you could even have them check to see if they have them

but without the tray number you will probably have to order them (they probably won't look without the tray number) and you'll have to order 25 or however many come in a pack

The tray number is listed in the service manual with the terminal part number

they will be listed like this:

"terminal/tray: SAIT-A03T-M064/14"

so the terminal part number is SAIT-A03T-M064
    and it is in tray 14
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    dealerships can source these terminals
    and
    if you can get the tray number that they are stored in then you could even have them check to see if they have them

but without the tray number you will probably have to order them (they probably won't look without the tray number) and you'll have to order 25 or however many come in a pack

The tray number is listed in the service manual with the terminal part number

they will be listed like this:

"terminal/tray: SAIT-A03T-M064/14"

so the terminal part number is SAIT-A03T-M064
    and it is in tray 14
    Great. I'll give that a try.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.