Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just caught a mistake in the document concerning the ign 1 pinout. I made the correction and have updated ...
    csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD 3.6, 2008 CTS AWD 3.6 (Past), 2008 STS-V (Past)

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

I just caught a mistake in the document concerning the ign 1 pinout. I made the correction and have updated the two files. Please re download them if you already downloaded them.

Also I found these service manual documents helpful, they specify the pinouts for all the related connectors.
    Attached Files
    Merge likes this.

BMANN06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' Escalade ESV AWD

Wow! Thank you so much!

Just a question on the NAV Disc update, do I need to find a copy of the Disc that presented the problem where the screen would pop up in 08'-09' models that didn't have the camera installed. Or will the latest disc still give me the camera feature whether the camera is there or not?

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

Man, thanks for taking the time and care to do this ... I am on it!

Quote Originally Posted by BMANN06 View Post
    Just a question on the NAV Disc update, do I need to find a copy of the Disc that presented the problem where the screen would pop up in 08'-09' models that didn't have the camera installed. Or will the latest disc still give me the camera feature whether the camera is there or not?
    Excellent question. From what I understand the nav disc with the screen raising issue was a production problem with the disc manufacturing and was only on about 40 of the discs that were manufactured. Those discs are not available now and from what I understand, they did not enable the camera properly anyway. The only way to do it correctly is to take the car to the dealer and have them enable it in TIS2WEB on your car. It only took about 5 mins on my car and the dealer was VERY cool about it but YMMV.

I was told that updating the NAV software before or after enabling the camera has no effect on the operation of the camera (but don't use one of the problem discs).

I just received the 2011 CTS Nav update disc yesterday, after ordering it late last week. The screen raising issue in reverse is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by exm22psu View Post
    I just received the 2011 CTS Nav update disc yesterday, after ordering it late last week. The screen raising issue in reverse is still there.
    Cool thank you for that info! I'll order my nav disc tonight!

csalmon - your attention to detail is appreciated and admired. Lot of potential shortcuts that you didn't take. Thanks for the detail in pdfs. I've spoken to my dealer and they said "Bring it on up when you get your camera in!" so that's pretty reassuring.

csalmon, quick question: in the PDF 1 you list these two items below but I never see them come up again on your install. Did I miss something? Yes, great work on the write up!

9. One 4 way Packard connector GM PN 12047786.
    10. Minimum of 4 Packard male Metripack 150 terminals.

csalmon, quick question: in the PDF 1 you list these two items below but I never see them come up again on your install. Did I miss something? Yes, great work on the write up!

9. One 4 way Packard connector GM PN 12047786.
    10. Minimum of 4 Packard male Metripack 150 terminals.
    These are just the mate and terminals to plug into the existing body harness connector at the molding. You could always just cut the one off your old molding and use that to tie into the new molding connector. I wanted to keep my old molding intact just in case I ever wanted to put it back or resell it.

Interesting, I will pass this along. Just to reiterate, I was told that this disc does not completely enable the camera correctly. If you have the dealer turn it on, it will work perfect (like mine )

ClovisQ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

Awesome writeup. Thanks - I'll be setting aside some time to do this one soon!

walle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also have an 08 and wanted a camera (factory) and dealer said no because of different LAN generations 08 to 10 but you did it just one question aprox. how much for camera and the connectors and the dealer re-flash? thanx again for your due diligance. sorry forgot to ask what city are you in? i'm in so cal.

Quote Originally Posted by walle View Post
    I also have an 08 and wanted a camera (factory) and dealer said no because of different LAN generations 08 to 10 but you did it just one question aprox. how much for camera and the connectors and the dealer re-flash? thanx again for your due diligance. sorry forgot to ask what city are you in? i'm in so cal.
    I was lucky enough to have some friends that donated the parts just to see if I could do it. My dealer is awesome and did not charge for the reprogram (they also wanted to see if it would work). GMPartsdirect.com sells the molding assembly for $159 which includes the camera, not sure how much the connectors would cost. Sometimes dealers will have small stocks of various connectors and terminals. Maybe best to find those parts through a junkyard with a wrecked 2011 as a donor. I am in Michigan.

I've done a bit of research to find out what this will cost.

$230.00 - Nav Disk Update
    $200.00 - 2011 Rear Assembly Applique (including camera)
    $70.00 - Required Connectors

I have the proper gauge wire so I didn't factor that in and my dealer said "no charge" for enabling the camera. These prices are in Canadian funds (we're pretty on par right now anyways) and they also include delivery and duty fees. So if you live in US knock about $50 off for delivery and Duty. This is just to give you an idea of what I've found and I've rounded to the nearest 10. You may be able to source the parts cheaper. Not a cheap rear camera ... but I WANT IT!

Here's my breakdown: pins and connector $51, 22awg wire $8, shielded wire $17 including shipping ($7 product cost), molding with camera $197 = $273 dollars. I didn't include the nav update as it seems optional.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.