Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by waltertaucher I guess the 2010 wagons were the exception, my 2010 Prem Wagon has the backup camera ...
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Quote Originally Posted by waltertaucher View Post
    I guess the 2010 wagons were the exception, my 2010 Prem Wagon has the backup camera
    Same in my 2010 Premium Wagon!

Cougar281 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Silverado Duramax, 95 Cougar, 2010 CTS4 Premium
    Before I start pulling panels.... where exactly would the wiring be IF (and I know it's a BIG IF) my car got lucky enough to have it already? Up in the trunk lid or somewhere else?

Edit: well, I felt adventurous and pulled the center stack and radio. No wires in positions 5 & 15.

I just got finished installing the rearview camera in my 2010 CTS4 Sedan. I found that for my 2010, the howto posted is not quite accurate. The grey 14-way connector indicated did not have a pink 'IGN1' wire in position 1 - it had a yellow wire in that position that is for the left front tweeter speaker. Being 'somewhat' anal retentive when it comes to this kind of thing, I started digging into the schematics to see how it is usually wired from the factory on the 2011s. In doing that, I found that the circuit that it uses for 'IGN1' from the factory, #639, comes through connector X225 in position 2 (X225 is the middle grey connector on the passenger side of the dash). In a factory setup, it actually spits at that terminal and heads back to the camera. In addition to the IGN1 circuit, the backup lamp power circuit is also available in the same connector in position 4 (Stock wiring actually does splice in at splice J379 which is where the howto says to splice, but I didn't feel like digging into the harness in the middle of the car), and a ground is available on the A pillar right below the dash. So I ended up tapping all of the circuits I needed right there at the Passenger side A Pillar and running them all straight to the back along the passenger side inside their own piece of wire loom to keep them protected.

Incidentally, I also found about six or eight wires that were being pinched under the rear seat on the passenger side. Apparently someone at the factory wasn't paying attention... None of them had broken through yet, but it could have been 'fun' if I hadn't found them. I might have just saved GM a lot of warranty money depending on what the pinched circuits were for.

Only projects remaining now are the oil catch can for the PCV and the Gen9 OnStar module and I'm done with modifications to this car for a loooong time.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

Hurley889 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD 3.6 DI

I was very interested in this mod at first, after reading 17 pages, it looks like a headache. If the picture quality was "great" I would probably try it, but it seems not so good?.... Am I wrong?

Well, the quality in the nav display isn't great, but IMO, is plenty good to do what it's meant to do. It's not like we're trying to shoot HD movies with the thing. But everyone's opion is different.

sc1766 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I also have a 2010 cts with Nav. My question is would a cadillac service department do this mod. My concern is potentially voiding the extended warranty if something were to happen with the electrical. Thoughts? Am I over thinking this?

Quote Originally Posted by sc1766 View Post
    I also have a 2010 cts with Nav. My question is would a cadillac service department do this mod. My concern is potentially voiding the extended warranty if something were to happen with the electrical. Thoughts? Am I over thinking this?
    Doubtful. I guess it depends on the service department, but mine had no issues with me adding the camera, upgrading to a gen9 OnStar module or adding a RX oil catch can.

To be honest, while the original writeup is good, it makes it a bit more difficult than it needs to be. AS I posted after I put it in mine, all splices can be had behind the cover on the passenger side of the dash and on the way A pillar on the way down under the carpet. I was then able to run the wire in a seperate loom all the way down the passenger side with only removing the rear seat... AFTER I had removed the drivers seat expecting to take that route. I would suggest replacing the push in retainers in the trunk with new ones though (they are cheap - a box of 25 was like $3 at a local auto body supply store).

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Cougar, where are these connectors located?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Cougar, where are these connectors located?
    Thank you.
    There's a panel on the passenger side of the dash just like the one on the drivers side that you can pull off. They're behind that panel.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Thank you.

sc1766 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Cougar, I'm assuming there are no back up sensors in this configuration? What

Quote Originally Posted by sc1766 View Post
    Cougar, I'm assuming there are no back up sensors in this configuration? What
    Backup sensors have nothing to do with the backup camera. My car came with the sensors so it now has both though.

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I have a 2010 CTS4 AWD Wagon with NAV. From what I have gleaned, if all the wiring is there (and possibly likely since a 2010 wagon), then I need to buy the trim piece containing the camera, install the trim piece, and then take it to the dealer to enable the camera using the TRM2WEB. Is that correct?

I can use the detail of the connector pin out (or count the wires) to see if the proper number. Is that correct? Again, it is dependent on the model year. It is a log shot, but with my driveway, I have a very difficult time seeing out.

PrimaryW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I've got a '10 V. Anyone do this with same?

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4

Primary- see this thread on another forum.

This retarded forum doesn't accept the ways of the real V forum. Wont let me post the link. I remembered why I don't bother here anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.