Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by sfv41901 I still have these if anybody needs them: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rear-view.html Yes, I would like to have enough ...
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    I still have these if anybody needs them:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rear-view.html
    Yes, I would like to have enough to do the mod plus one for a mistake. Also, can you please tell me where to get the 10 pin connector shell that mates with the camera? If you no longer nave the pins please tell me where to get them.

Thanks

Westdog976 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors View Post
    To get power to the camera I tapped the #1 circuit (Parking lamp +) and connected it to camera IGN1+ #6 pin. The camera only draw 67 milliamps.
    When you shift out of reverse and into park, I have been told the video stays on for about 5 seconds. Since you tapped into the parking lamps instead of the ignition, does your screen go black and stay up for that time? Or does the screen immediately go down when video signal is lost?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    Also, can you please tell me where to get the 10 pin connector shell that mates with the camera?
    Goto http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

And do a search for the part number: 13577789

It's like $5

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Westdog976 View Post
    Goto http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

And do a search for the part number: 13577789

It's like $5

Hope this helps!
    sfv41901 has not replied. Where can I get the pins for this connector?

Thanks

Westdog976 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    sfv41901 has not replied. Where can I get the pins for this connector?

Thanks
    I have his email address, I'll shoot him an email with yours. He said he has been busy lately so he probably hasn't been on in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Westdog976 View Post
    I have his email address, I'll shoot him an email with yours. He said he has been busy lately so he probably hasn't been on in awhile.
    Thank you Westdog976. The 10 pin connector shell, camera and DVD are on their way. I still have to get the matching shell and pins for the original 4 pin connector so I don't have to cut anything.

Lot of money to add a camera but a mans gotta do....whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    I still have these if anybody needs them:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rear-view.html

Re: Gen 2 CTS NavScreen & Rear view Camera Terminals

Originally Posted by sfv41901
    Got a new bag of 7114-4618-02 tray 27 for those that need them

I need them. 10-7114-4618-02, and 2-SAIT-A03T-M064. I understand there was a mistake in the original instructions and the sheld does not connect at the radio. If thats not true then I need 3-SAIT-A03T-M064.

Thanks

please contact me at mistercoffee2@yahoo.com to arrange payment and shipment.

PS: What did you do about the 4 pin, cut it off the old part and put 7114-4618-02 pins on the wires, get a new one, or hard wire it?

Bonnell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS

Anyone here tried this camera?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS...item3f1627556f

The 3.5" screen is in the mirror. If it works as well as the loaner CTS that I was provided it is really good and I'd be willing to add it is someone has tried it and can vouch for it.

Mark985 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

I followed this post as I have a 2011 Coupe with the Performance package. My car came with Navigation but not the back up camera. I simply ordered the molding with camera and installed it. As plugging in the connector I noticed all the wires were there. I brought the car to the dealer and had them Enable the back up camera function and now I have picture. DOn't know if anyone else has the same situation I had but maybe this will help to know if you install a camera in a 2011 and newer model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark985 View Post
    I followed this post as I have a 2011 Coupe with the Performance package. My car came with Navigation but not the back up camera. I simply ordered the molding with camera and installed it. As plugging in the connector I noticed all the wires were there. I brought the car to the dealer and had them Enable the back up camera function and now I have picture. DOn't know if anyone else has the same situation I had but maybe this will help to know if you install a camera in a 2011 and newer model.
    Mark I'd surely love to have a as much info as you can provide (part numbers, DIY instructions as to what you had to do, anything helpful to ask dealership if this will work with my navigation). If I can get backup cam by doing this I will do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks - J Bonnell

The pins required for the rear camera mod are available at SPX Corporation, Phone: 866-640-7305

SAIT-A03T-M064, PKG of 25, $21.73
    TERMINAL, .64 FEMALE

7114-4618-02, PKG of 25, $20.41
    TERMINALS, .64 KIAZEN MALE

The 4 pin shell and pins available at Terminal Supply Co., http://terminalsupplyco.com/default.aspx Phone: 248-362-0790 $25.00 min order. They have some nice Expandable Self-Fitting Wire Loom to fill out your order. Putting all the wires in this loom looks factory.

PACKARD MALE CONNECTOR
    METRI-PACK 150 SERIES UNSEALED 4 CAVITY BLACK

PACKARD MALE TERMINAL
    METRI-PACK 150 SERIES UNSEALED 22-20 GA

10 pin connector shell and molding with camera are at https://www.gmpartsonline.net Phone (956) 227-6436

OEM Catalog
    13577789 CONNECTOR 1 $5.00

Collision Catalog - 2011 - Cadillac - CTS
    22768336 body hardware, trunk lid, exterior trim, molding SEDAN, SEDAN, w/EZ key, w/rear camera 1 $176.01

Good luck and let us know if you do this mod.

Mark985 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-Ca...874a32&vxp=mtr

Please remember this is for the coupe and it is without active entry(I had to swap my push button off my old one). Should get you in the right direction though. Should be plug and play with a 2011 and newer.

Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone here know what is needed for a 2011 CTS Sedan. I have navigation but no backup cam. I am wondering if the wiring is already in place. If it is I would expect that I could purchase the part that holds the camera, install it and then have the dealer enable it with no need to add wiring.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or do I have to follow the original instructions to add wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnell View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone here know what is needed for a 2011 CTS Sedan. I have navigation but no backup cam. I am wondering if the wiring is already in place. If it is I would expect that I could purchase the part that holds the camera, install it and then have the dealer enable it with no need to add wiring.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or do I have to follow the original instructions to add wiring?
    See Post 203 below.

Thanks Mistercoffee2. I am headed to the dealership this morning and I will discuss with them.

I drove over to Ritchey Cadillac in Daytona Beach this morning to get new front mats installed. The service advisor took me to Ed who is their electrical and electronic guy. I explained that I had a 2011 CTS and I wanted to replace the chrome molding with one having a camera and then have them plug in and enable the camera.

He said it was no problem. He said that GM may charge me $50 bucks or so to allow it. The good news is if they do that the installation will be considered an accessory add on and will be shown with my car as an installed accessory and will be covered under all warranties.

I used the part number posted above - 22768336 - and ordered the molding from the service department. Ed told me I should plan on a half day visit. He said the molding will not be difficult to replace but that sometimes when they flash the software it doesn't work as expected. In that case they have to go online with Cadillac support and this can take a little time.

I will be taking the CTS to then around the third week in February to have this done. I'll post the results then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.