Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by sfv41901 If the tech doing the work is any good he'll know what he needs to do. ...
    oldiemotors is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    If the tech doing the work is any good he'll know what he needs to do.
    Well the local GM dealer couldn't get to me until Monday. Setup a meeting with Sewell Cadillac in Houston in the morning. Let't hope their techs know what they're doing.

At the dealer now. First they told me they wouldn't activate the camera because it didn't come with the car. When I asked why they said it might void some warranty. I said I didn't t care about the warranty and then they said GM would not allow them to do it. I asked if there was a specific directive from GM on activating the camera and he said something about their Honesty & Integrity policy wouldn't allow them to do it. I asked to speak with the manager.

I never got to speak with the manager, but the associate came back and said they would do it for $100.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Honesty & Integerity HA! $100 it only takes 10 Minutes!
    sliderule01 likes this.

After contributing $100 to Cadillac's Honesty & Integrity fund my camera is working...sort of.

The resolution is poor and the color is washed out. The first time I saw the image I thought it was a black & white image. Also, occasionally the image does not appear at all. This could be a wiring issue, but jiggling the wires does seem to help.

Compared to the image when playing a DVD in the car, the backup camera's image is just mediocore. For the others that have installed the OEM camera, is your image clear and crisp with decent color?

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

YEah the image is mediocore

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Ok, thanks guys for that update. I guess mine is OK then.

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread the contributed information. Special thanks to the OP (Gramzster), thanks for doing the initial R&D. Thanks to csalmon for the excellent write up, and thanks to sfv41901 for supplying me with the 10-pin connector and the necessary terminals.

If anyone is interested, I took a few wiring shortcuts on my install. I didn't want to remove the seats and all of the power, ground, and backup lamp circuits were already in the trunk so I opted to tap them instead of running wires to points forward.

To install the camera, like csalmon, I removed the terminals from 10-pin connector on the factory trim/camera, swapped grommets and ran the wires back through the original hole, then reinstalled the terminals into the 10-pin.

To get power to the camera I tapped the #1 circuit (Parking lamp +) and connected it to camera IGN1+ #6 pin. The camera only draw 67 milliamps.
    For a ground I tapped the #10 wire and connected it to the camera ground #5 pin.
    To get the reverse lamp power I tapped the + lead going into the right reverse lamp and connected it to the camera backup lamp # 9 pin.
    All these connections were made by soldering in a tee and sealing the tee with dual-wall heat shrink.

Now, all I had to do was run a single cable (shielded pair of wires) to the back of the NAV unit. To do this I had to remove the bottom portion of the rear seat and fish the wire through from the trunk on the right side (following the existing large wire bundle heading in the same direction). Did not have to remove the upper portion of the rear seat so this was easier than I expected.

I had to remove the lower trim at the passenger door and ran my fish tape rearward under the carpet to pickup the wire coming from the trunk. From there is was easy to pull the wire forward (under the carpet) and run it around the top of the passenger floorboard and to the NAV unit.

Just for full disclosure, I am having intermittent problems with no picture showing up. I am unable to duplicate on demand so it has been difficult to diagnose. Hopefully will get some time this weekend to play with it some more.

Have u updated ur nav software to the most current release?

Have u updated ur nav software to the most current release?
    The tech at the dealer said he updated all the software. Here is what it shows I have:
    Program version: 2.60.00
    IPL: 0.020.414
    Audio UCOM: 2.601
    MECHA: 1.720
    DBOOT: 1.002.321
    MAP DB: 14.73.7.030308.24
    CDDB: 981.0

I do have the new 2012 map dvd on its way.

When I first hooked up my cam, my 08 had never been updated so it didn't work the way it should have. When I updated the nav, it fixed my problem.

Without passive entry - 22739775
    With passive entry - 22739776
    I hear that the part number for a 2012 is different, and cheaper. Anyone know what the diffreences are in the actual part?

Maybe a better camera?

DanDan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have a 2008 I installed a camera for a customer and it has the black screen with the yellow line issue. I told the dealer to update the mapping software and the dilemma is should we use the 2011 update or the 2012. Has anyone used the 2012 update yet to correct the problem? Thanks,

DanDan

Quote Originally Posted by DanDan
    I have a 2008 I installed a camera for a customer and it has the black screen with the yellow line issue. I told the dealer to update the mapping software and the dilemma is should we use the 2011 update or the 2012. Has anyone used the 2012 update yet to correct the problem? Thanks,

DanDan
    I used the 2011 update to fix that issue ur having. I have since updated to the most current release & everything still works the way it should

jrjordan12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts awd

Just got all wiring done on my 09 cts. Since the connector on radio has bare shield wire already on pin18 there is no need to connect wire to rear camera connector. Is this true?
    Thanks Joe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.