Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Would it be possible to use the input circuts from the nav and run them to a video switcher and ...
    DRod559 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cts-V

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Would it be possible to use the input circuts from the nav and run them to a video switcher and connect the back up cam like normal with it being triggered with the reverse lamps to the switcher and have another cam up front and connect it to another input on the switcher and have it triggered with a switch? Would something like this work?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

you will also need to program the infotainment system (with a tech2 or the new GDS laptop based system) so that the system knows it has a camera ... if you just install the parts i don't think it will work properly (if at all)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

DRod559 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cts-V

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    you will also need to program the infotainment system (with a tech2 or the new GDS laptop based system) so that the system knows it has a camera ... if you just install the parts i don't think it will work properly (if at all)
    I'm planning on using MITO Corp 20-VS001 video switcher and wiring it to circuit 5 and 15 and using four aftermarket cameras (left right turn signal, front, back) and having them triggered automatically by tapping into the reverse lamp and turn signals circuits. And the front having it triggered with a switch. I've updated my nav already and I'm planning on taking it to the dealer to turn on the rear camera after everything is installed.

I have the GM lockpick with all the cameras in my escalade but they don't make one with the camera inputs for the cts and since I'm planning on installing the backup cam I thought to just get as close to the lockpick as I could. Any comments or suggesting I would really appreciate.

sounds like you know what you're doing ....
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Well, I finally received my camera "module" (part # 22737873), but I don't see how it will fit in the trim for a 2009. I thought I might be able to cut my existing molding/trim and insert the camera, but the there is no room to do that. There appears to be space between the reverse lamp and the opening for the trunk release, but there is internal support bracing in that area of the trim.

This is what my trim looks like:

So, I figured I would buy the trim for a later model that includes the opening for the camera, but I found this picture of what I believe is part# 22814001 - the trim piece for a 2010 - 2012 CTS with the rear camera.

That trim is much thicker than mine so I don't think that is an option for me. Has anyone installed the OEM camera on a pre-2010 CTS? If so, could you post a picture on the underside of the trim or explain how you did it?

Update: I think I figured out the difference in the trim pieces. The second picture is the trim for a coupe. I need the one for the sedan.

yes, the coupe will be quite different

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    I'll post a pic of my 08 with the cam Installed.

Here is the pic

Thanks for the pictures, that really helps. Looks like the reverse lamps have changed from the 2009 version. I either need to wait for the entire trim piece (part# 22768336) to become available, or try ordering the trim piece (part# 22768337) without the camera and cutting it to insert the camera module I already bought. Anyone know if part# 22768337 comes with the lamps and trunk switch?

Not sure but the trim piece without the camera might be what's on the 08-10 w/o the cam.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Good post.

RogersV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Rdecrane5 View Post
    Attachment 90221

GM part # 22737873

The description is "F-Module" in their system.
    Rde: Any idea what the identification of the wires are? Six wires, Black, Red, White, Pink, Blue and Green. What's power, what's ground, Etc. Etc. TIA

Is this what ur looking for?

Finally got my camera installed and heading to the dealer tomorrow. When I ask them to enable my camera via the TIS2WEB is there anything else I need to tell them? Will they know what I am talking about or will I need to tell them where in TIS2WEB to do it?

If the tech doing the work is any good he'll know what he needs to do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.