Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Oh, never thought about that. Did u take price of the process or just the fished result?...
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Oh, never thought about that.

Did u take price of the process or just the fished result?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Ideas about the Rear-View Camera for 2008-2010 CTSs

Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors View Post
    I sent the webmaster a message asking why PM's to me were not allowed. Have not heard back yet. I added you as a 'friend' but apparently I cannot PM you either. May be because I am a too much of a newbie to this site. I'll try another PM after I hear from the web guru.
    Definitely due to your low post count... keep on participating here and you'll eventually get PM access

Rippy, thanks for the info. I live out in the boonies and the closest Caddy dealer is over 60 miles away. If sfv41901 can't help me I'll give your suggestions a try.
    you could just call them up also and get the same info
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Definitely due to your low post count... keep on participating here and you'll eventually get PM access

No reply from the administrators yet. Any idea what the magic number is before you are deemed worthy of the PM privilege ?

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    It's both time and posts.
    For me it was like 2 months and about 25 posts.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the administration does not want to make it public knowledge because then the spammers would know what they need to get around/through the system ... that's why the restriction is in place - to keep the spammers at bay

it seems to be working but that is a downside which you are experiencing right now
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CTS-AWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Hi Everyone. Just joined this Forum as I will take possession of a 2010 CTS4 sedan in a couple of days. The car is equipped with Nav but unfortunately does not have the rear camera. I read all posts but I still wonder if I need to be aware of modifications that may be specific to the 2010 MY?

This thread is titled 08-10 but it seems from one entry the software (or LAN version) may be different starting in 2010? It sure would be nice if the wiring harness already had the camera circuits... I didn't want to pass on the preowned car because it didn't have the rear camera but it is really bugging me...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-AWD
    Hi Everyone. Just joined this Forum as I will take possession of a 2010 CTS4 sedan in a couple of days. The car is equipped with Nav but unfortunately does not have the rear camera. I read all posts but I still wonder if I need to be aware of modifications that may be specific to the 2010 MY?

This thread is titled 08-10 but it seems from one entry the software (or LAN version) may be different starting in 2010? It sure would be nice if the wiring harness already had the camera circuits... I didn't want to pass on the preowned car because it didn't have the rear camera but it is really bugging me...

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum.

To find out "if" u have the wiring, u would need to pull the carpet cover on the trunk to expose the wiring. If u have the cam wiring, u will have a 10 pin connector going to the rear trunk trim that houses the trunk button, lic plate lights. If the is a 10 pin connector, it should have all cavities filled. If this is he case, u have the wiring. If this is not the case, then ull have to run all the wiring.
    Karch, Karch and thedarkwolf13 like this.

CTS-AWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Thank you. I am glad I have found this forum. This is actually my first GM car.

Thanks for the information!!! I will look for this connector when I get the car later this week. I hope I will find the 10 pin connector.

Actually I stand corrected: I had a 1976 Oldsmobile Omega long long time ago...

airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

These directions are great... thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Rdecrane5 View Post
    Why don't you just order just the camera (I think I paid $113 for it) and cut/trim it in yourself. On my 2012 coupe the cutout was already outlined in the plastic so it was easy.
    Do you have the part number for the camera? I don't see it listed separately.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    I have it at my shop. I will post it first thing tomorrow morning. It comes up in the system as a "module" but it is the camera and mount.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334766375.701950.jpg

GM part # 22737873

The description is "F-Module" in their system.

Ok, thanks Rdecrane5. I'll see if I have any better luck locating one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors
    Ok, thanks Rdecrane5. I'll see if I have any better luck locating one of these.
    Any dealer can order this for u.

soku is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 AWD Radiant Silver CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Rdecrane5 View Post
    Why don't you just order just the camera (I think I paid $113 for it) and cut/trim it in yourself. On my 2012 coupe the cutout was already outlined in the plastic so it was easy.
    I have a 2011 coupe with NAV. From what I'm guessing, you just need to get the OEM camera then route it from the back bumper to the NAV? Then, since it already has the 2011 NAV software, the back up camera should work correctly? So it's pretty much plug and play? Seems too easy. Am I missing anything?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.