Cadillac CTS 2011 Nav Disc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac CTS 2011 Nav Disc in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I noticed that GM has listed the 2011 Nav Disc for the CTS. Has any one received it? Is there ...
    grazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Cadillac CTS 2011 Nav Disc

I noticed that GM has listed the 2011 Nav Disc for the CTS. Has any one received it? Is there anything new to report or just another map update?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: Cadillac CTS 2011 Nav Disc

Just noticed that today - looks like just another map/software update. Lets all hope the data is a bit more current than last years. No Gracenotes media listed for 2011.

tonyfort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former owner 2008 CTS

just ordered it today; (first update ever on an 08 with maps from Feb. 07). Will update once received.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

maps and points of interest are the main updates on the discs - system software updates/changes are possible but not common
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

So far - all map updates(2) to the 2008 NAV have included software updates and fixes for the map, nav, and audio applications. The maps are usually far from current but since the original 08 map and nav application, there have been substantial enhancements that have greatly improved the NAV functions and capabilities. Numerous fixes have also been provided. Install generally requires around 2 1/2 to 3 hours but can be checkpointed and restarted numerous times rather than sitting in your running car for 3 hours.

rkp
    rkp is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD 3.6

Does anyone have the sw version for the latest maps at hand? I bought my car last month, would be nice to confirm that I have the most recent version of software and maps.

Thanks;

Quote Originally Posted by rkp View Post
    Does anyone have the sw version for the latest maps at hand? I bought my car last month, would be nice to confirm that I have the most recent version of software and maps.

Thanks;
    Will post the info when I get the latest map just posted for 2008-2011 CTS - part # 22790324 on navdisc.com web site. Mine is on its way and should arrive by Monday. With your 2011 you hopefully have a map date later than May 2009 which came out earlier this year(spring) with the 2010 update. Check CONFIG for your map date.

Got the disc today but no AUTH code supplied with the invoice doc. Called NAVDISC and waiting for the 1 GM rep who apparently can get/generate the auth code. Uses your VIN to create auth code. I suspect tomorrow will be a frustrating one getting this code.
    Software is V3.14 and map is dated 5/10/2010.

rkp
    rkp is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD 3.6

Thanks. I'm showing App version 3.03.0100 and database 14.83.15.050509.24. I'm guessing this is an old version. The car was delivered to me on November 29th. How easily do you think they will provide the upgrade at no charge?

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

rkp

your maps are dated may 5, 2009. You have no chance of getting a free upgrade...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by rkp View Post
    Thanks. I'm showing App version 3.03.0100 and database 14.83.15.050509.24. I'm guessing this is an old version. The car was delivered to me on November 29th. How easily do you think they will provide the upgrade at no charge?
    You have the current version of software/maps prior to the just released 2011 update.

NAVDISC update: Called them today and was told that apparently I am not the only one missing the AUTH code. They are supposed to contact me later today when the issue is resolved(hopefully providing me with the code). We'll see where this heads.

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    NAVDISC update: Called them today and was told that apparently I am not the only one missing the AUTH code. They are supposed to contact me later today when the issue is resolved(hopefully providing me with the code). We'll see where this heads.
    Got my disc today and yup, no code. I thought it was a bit strange that I didn't have to put in the VIN when I ordered. Called them at 6:30 tonight and they said I need to talk to Chuck or Richard who had both left for the day. Will try first thing in the AM and update everyone from there.

P.S. it now looks like the website is requiring a VIN for ordering so those that are ordering from now on I would think would not have this problem...

Got my call from Chuck - software fix was made so they can now generate auth codes from your VIN. Got my auth code today after verifying my VIN with them. Running update now. Went right to MAP update. Apparently no software on this disc - curious since the version went to V3.14. Perhaps the software will get updated after the map is done but normally the map is the last piece installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Got my call from Chuck - software fix was made so they can now generate auth codes from your VIN. Got my auth code today after verifying my VIN with them. Running update now. Went right to MAP update. Apparently no software on this disc - curious since the version went to V3.14. Perhaps the software will get updated after the map is done but normally the map is the last piece installed.
    jg...did the software update for you? That's half the reason I bought the disc as I'm still running version 1. something software...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.