Coupe Winter Tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Coupe Winter Tires in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have the 19" summer tire package.I want to purchase a wheel and tire combo,preferably in 19",with winter tires.Tire Rack ...
    ShawneeJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Coupe Winter Tires

I have the 19" summer tire package.I want to purchase a wheel and tire combo,preferably in 19",with winter tires.Tire Rack doesn't seem to have the correct specs on the coupe.I wonder if sedan wheels would have the correct offset and back spacing for the coupe.I know that the summer tires are larger on rear than front,but plan on going with same size all around.Probably 245/45x19,which is the size on the front now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bklynbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Coupe Winter Tires

My i believe buddy runs 225/55-18 on a 7 inch rim,should fit the coupe.

Alpet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe, crystal red, 18", chrome grill, tint

I have stock 18" all-season tires on my coupe---the rear tires are larger than the fronts, even on the all season tires.

You may have to stick with original sizes, I believe the rims are different front to back.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Question Rears bigger than the fronts?

With the "Official Cadillac CTS Coupe" website not giving tire sizes ... I did a search trying to find the tire sizes for the performance package and found this link that says both front and rear are the same (245/45x19) size.

What sizes are on the fronts and rears from the factory with this option?

Learn something new every day ...

zen
    zen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS CPE

They are not the same. Just checked. 275/45-19 front and 275/40-19 rear, on the cpe.

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    They are not the same. Just checked. 275/45-19 front and 275/40-19 rear, on the cpe.
    I think you had a type-oh, zen ... Per Car & Driver, they list the CTS Coupe's tire sizes as 245/45ZR-19s up front, 275/40ZR-19s at the rear.

SVT Gator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Thunder Gray STS-V; 2011 Crystal Red CTS SportWagon

The Tire Rack website lists the 2011 CTS Coupe RWD Performance with Summer 19" package as 245/45-19 all around. Check it out:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Select...re+Performance
    Good luck!

zen

Sorry, it is a typo. should be 245/45-19 for the front.

Thanks for the replies.My stock wheels with the sport package, are 245/45x19 front,275/40x19 rear.I've found the 245/45x19 all around specs listed at many websites,which is obviously wrong.The coupe is claimed to be 2 inches wider in the rear than the sedan.So I'm thinking that using the same size all around may pose a problem.I have yet to find actual wheel specs for the sport package anywhere.The rear wheels are wider than the front.

zen

The 2 inch increase in width was acomplished by changing the "offset" on the rear wheels. Nothing mechanical was changed.

Question Re: Coupe Winter Tires ... 2" offset source?

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    The 2 inch increase in width was accomplished by changing the "offset" on the rear wheels. Nothing mechanical was changed.
    zen - Where do you find this info? ... out on the web or from another source?

So, each rear wheel of the Coupe has 1" more offset than the sedan's performance package, huh? I agree with ShawneeJohn that the actual wheel specs (wheel width and offset) would be nice to know.

If you found the 2" offset info on the web, it would be appreciated if you could provide us with the link. TIA

zen

It was in some auto magazine that I read on the web. Don't recall which one it was. I will check in the next hour or so what the actual offset on the rear wheel is. Should be able to read it with a mirror and flashlight. The offset on the front wheels is 48 mm which I already verified.

Edit: From what I can see using a mirror and reading backwards, The rear is J8X8.5X34

Therefore there is a 14mm difference between the front and back wheels. 14mm ='s ~ .55 inches.

The rim width appears to be the same at 8.5 so you would be able to use 245/45 -19 tires front and rear.

FYI: the specs for a wheel are usually stamped in the inside of a wheel behind a spoke. The more + offset sets the wheel closer to the center of the car. The less + offset sets the wheel further out from the center.

Thanks for the info Zen.I haven't checked on the stamping yet.The rears do appear different from the outside.They also look wider by about an inch.I wouldn't think they would mount a 275 tire on an 8.5 inch wheel.I found some Pirelli winter tires at the Tirerack in the stock 19 inch sizes, but was later told that the 245/45x19's would not be available until the middle of January.No snow yet here in KC,but I think January would be pushing it.My other car is a Corvette so it wouldn't help any.

Called the dealer today,as expected not much help there.The only info they could provide was that the fronts were 19x8.5,the rears 19x9.5.This seems appropriate for the tire sizes 245/45x19 and 275/40x19.They were unable to steer me towards any sources.They didn't seem to have much info on the coupes 18in.wheels either.Unsure where to go next.

zen

I checked my wheels again The stamping on my rear wheel seems to indicate that it is a J8X8.5X48 (not 34 as per previous). However, when I actually measure the wheel it is 1 inch wider than the front. which means it is 9.5 inch wide. The offset is the same on both front and back. Therefore, since the rear wheels are 1 inch wider with the same offset that would mean that the wheel is .5 inch more out from center. Since the tire is also 1 inch wider than the front that would explain another .5 inch outword. Therefore the rear wheels would be 2 inches wider than the front, everything else being equal. Hope this makes some sense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.