CTS Coupe Seat Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS Coupe Seat Problem in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I've had my coupe now for nine weeks.Overall I'm pleased with it.I have the premium and sport packages.The one thing ...
    ShawneeJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

CTS Coupe Seat Problem

I've had my coupe now for nine weeks.Overall I'm pleased with it.I have the premium and sport packages.The one thing that has bugged me is a bulge in the middle of the seat back.I complained to the dealership,and without admitting that anything was wrong swapped out the seat with another new coupe.It is somewhat better,but still can be felt.The passenger seat,too has this.Today on line at an automotive blog site,I read that the bulge is caused by the active headrest system and that Cadillac was working on a fix.The headrest is supposed to extend if you are rear-ended to prevent neck injury.Anyone notice this or have further info on fix.Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Re: CTS Coupe Seat Problem

I've read that Cadillac is coming up with an improved design and it should be produced very soon. I don't know whether they will offer it on early CTS Coupes, but at least you have documented your complaint early-on in your ownership. I saw a CTS Coupe Premium AWD "in-person" today at the dealership, and it was gorgeous!

Alpet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe, crystal red, 18", chrome grill, tint

My coupe seats are fine, had the car 7 weeks now, sorry for your troubles.

My 08 seats used to shift side to side----watch for that since your seats were replaced

tunlhd1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

I have a 2011 Coupe that was built in late August and have the same complaint as ShawneeJohn. The front seat back is very uncomfortable.

Felice Muraca is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Seat back is terrible, you are so right seats are a so bad I hate driving the car 2011 cts coupe 100 miles In need to change or mdify the seat or my back will be wrecked my back was fine before I had this car the seam sticks rights into upper back between shoulder blades what can be done ??????Did u cahnge the seats

beanjapan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

I've owned 2 CTS now, and my first CTS did not have cooled/vented seats, and i noticed that the lumbar was not as stiff, and my back would tend to sink into the softer seat back. Now on my 2010 wagon I have vented seats, and I have noticed (as well as my friend's 09 CTS sedan) that the vehicles w/ vented seats tend to have a stiffer lumbar. I'm not sure if its due to the fact that an air plenum must be present, that can not collapse, in order to allow air flow through the seat... maybe this info helps?

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

I love the seats of my CTS. Just returned from a 4820 mile driving trip, and the seats were perfect for me. Everyone is shaped differently, though, so I understand that others may not like them. The seat comfort was one of the main reasons we bought this car, and we spent some time test driving it to make sure before we decided.

boonsajerk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by tunlhd1 View Post
    I have a 2011 Coupe that was built in late August and have the same complaint as ShawneeJohn. The front seat back is very uncomfortable.
    6/2010 build Performance here with same issue. Feels like there is a fist in my lower back. Seems the lumbar thingy does not retract far enough. I'll schedule a dealer visit and see whats up.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

On my Coupe (and I assume all others) there is a seem/trim piece in the middle of seat & seatback. I notice it but no biggie. But it annoys the heck out of my girl. I solved the issue by buying a cushion that goes over the seat. Happy girl means happy me!

Yes same problem, Caddy denies and has no fix. Problem is that the seat padding is too thin. Has to be thin to accomodate a/c seats and heated seats equipment. I drove rental cts 4 door today without heat or ac option what a difference. The seat has support and padding. I have had the car 2 months and hate it. The seats are unbearable...SHocked that cadd knows seat are horrible yet has no answer and still puts these backaching seats in what is alleged to be a bmw and mercedes competitor
    SHOWGIRL and SHOWGIRL like this.

CTSV12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Is this still a problem on late 2011 production?

Yes Caddy has no fix for problem for the heating/ventilated seats like I have in my coupe. I was told that the heat/ventilated systems which are located within the seat leave little room for comfortable padding.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Traded my 2009 sedan for a 2011 coupe Sunday (6/19) and haven't noticed the problem. Had cooled/heated seats in the '09 so I must be used to the "bump".

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

The seats could use a little more padding but calling it a "PROBLEM" is over stating the case. I bought a cushion that covers seat and seat back for my wife. Have not heard a peep about it since.

jabuya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Sedan

I have a NEW 2011 CTS4 Premium with only 1,035 miles. I have only had it since 6/14/12. The seats are KILLING ME. My wife refuses to ride in the car. It feels like we have our backs against the short edge of a 2x4. I talked to cadillac about it and they basically shrugged their shoulders. The made it look like I was the only one who ever reported this. Well guess what, from what I am reading here, I am not alone. The seam running vertically up the center of the seat back pushes against my spine to the point of pain.
    SHOWGIRL and SHOWGIRL like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.