Cadillac Owners Forum banner

heated washer rebate

7K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  st4422 
#1 ·
How long does it take to receive heated windshield washer rebate>I've already waited over one month.

#3 ·
jd mack,

You might need to tell your servicing Cadillac dealer about the official GM / NHTSA Recall Bulletin, and request payment without further delay:

"Page 25 July 2010 Bulletin No.: 10153B

Question and Answer Section

Q3. How much will each customer receive?
A3. Customers will receive a $100 check from their servicing dealer within 30 days of recall completion.

Q4. Why can't GM issue the checks?
A4. Due to their age, our original sales records will not reflect any subsequent vehicle transactions or owner changes. Additionally, we don't have an in-house system that can handle this number of checks. So we are depending on our dealers to help execute this safety recall."

_____

FWIW, immediately after my dealer performed the recall service, I drove away with the $100 check in hand; and the very next day I installed the aftermarket plug-n-play AlphaTherm AT-37GM replacement unit. Sweet!

#13 ·
Just had mine done today ...

Just had the heated washer fluid recall performed today ... Will probably get the replacement unit (previously mentioned) sometime in the future.

Regarding the $100 from the dealer, I was told the dealership's owner has the option to wait until they are reimbursed by GM before having to send the check. I was told (and it says on the invoice) that it could take 6 to 8 weeks before I could see the $$. Oh well ...

#15 ·
...AlphaTherm replacement to be delivered on Monday. Installation seems easy enough...
Yes, after reading included photo instructions and watching video demo,
my installation was completed in a few minutes - no tools required.

$100.00 ... GM Recall Compensation
- $67.95 ... AlphaTherm AT-37GM
+ $ 6.80 ... Discount promotion code: web716
- $12.75 ... S&H, varies per destination address
=$26.10 ... in my pocket :thumbsup:

#17 ·
Finished the AlphaTherm installation in about 30 minutes yesterday. The only issue was that the supplied connectors from AlphaTherm were not compatible with the existing GM washer tubing so I had to substitute 1/4" to 1/8" adapters. One is visible in the attached photo connecting heater to the nozzle tubing.

Bottom line: Heated washer working again and $23.20 in my pocket.

Attachments

#21 ·
Hmm...

FWIW, I removed the 60-amp fuse (see recall bulletin p. 9-10) and coupled the washer fluid "in" and "out" hoses to bypass the OEM heater module BEFORE taking my car in for the recall service. So afterward when installing AlphaTherm I was able to reuse the OEM fuse, remove the hose coupler and reuse the OEM hoses, and save the replacement hoses for future use if ever neeeded. This might be the best option for anyone who plans to install the AlphaTherm unit, but has not yet had the dealer recall service performed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.