Nav Headunit Pictures / Lets get this hacked - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Nav Headunit Pictures / Lets get this hacked in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hmm, it won't let me attach it to a PM. Anyway, here is the pinout for X1....
    csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD 3.6, 2008 CTS AWD 3.6 (Past), 2008 STS-V (Past)

Re: Nav Headunit Pictures / Lets get this hacked

Hmm, it won't let me attach it to a PM. Anyway, here is the pinout for X1.
    Attached Files

mrbogusbaxter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Hello All,

I have been closely closely closely monotoring this group as for I (2011 Buick Regal Turbo owner) have been playing around with my navigation system hoping to find a fix, hack or cure to elimnate the disasterous software that this car came with. Beyond frustrated with what could be a good system turns out to be a stinker.

I wound up personally buying a PAC NAV OVERRIDE just to at least get the system working 'when driving' as not so much for watching movies when behind the wheel (which is does just fine but never use) but more to at least be able to use my NAV system and while on the road. Most of the times I have a passenger who can enter addresses while vehicle is moving which some how GM did not take into consideration.
    I did purchase a 32GB flash drive and filled it with music. No problem there. Drive is BEYOND q

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    If you can't use a larger drive for some reason perhaps a faster drive would work. I would assume this is a low rpm drive, you could probably get a 7200rpm drive and use it otherwise maybe find a SATA to IDE converter and get a solid state drive.

Did anyone ever look into things like this with the Denso NAV from the 02+ Deville Seville xlr unit?

Sent from my unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

To unlock the drive you will need the drives tools from its website, Then start up the radio, After it starts, then leave power to the drive without killing power, connect it to your main computer. As long as the drive was unlocked from the radio and no power loss has occured, it will remain unlocked so you can read out the contents of the drive. Also you can unlock it with the drive tools.

I have hacked this unit pretty good so far. It was not very hard. I also made a set of files that update your whole system, including maps and gracenotes via a usb stick. It is 7gigs in size, so i cant just post it somewhere. It dont ask for a password either, so it can update anyones radio regardless of vin.

The drive layout is pretty simple to figure out. Same with hacking of the signing of components.

Also they didnt encrypt any of the files so they are simple to reverse thru ida pro.

Android system wont work on this radio, It would be very hard to implement. Also google maps, and well just about any major changes.
    Changing voices, and jpgs, and little functions however are pretty simple. In the raw bin files, you just have to do a search for the jpg headers, and then minipulate them and put them back in. Icons, main screens ect would be fairly simple, then just put back into the usb stick and it will write it back to the radio.

A whole system update including nav and gracenotes takes 3-4 minutes. that is updating a 2008 radio with the brand new 3.14 updated code and databases.

If you want to turn on the system on the bench, you will need to put out can data of:

10 00 20 40
    09-01-ff-ff
    Every 2000ms. That will turn on the ignition.
    Then to say it is in park, you would need to send
    F0-10-80-10-00-00
    Every 500ms.

for a supprise send 10 04 a0 40 accross can.

This was my goal, Write a software set that would allow incoming can messages to be reported on the screen sent from other vehicle modules like on the GTR.

It would be simple, as i already have the scan tool messages figured out obviosly, so i would just have to make a new tab taking over the TV tab that is in the radio and making it accept and read those messages and report them via gauges or even just a numbering layout.
    example here:
    http://www.mastemag.com/wallpapers/d...-GT-R-i027.jpg

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Can you upload the files to RapidShare or something or I Have a FTP.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Also is there any Type of key or something that we could set to disable checking for the Park/VSS to disable the Lockouts via software

Megathumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 Luxury Sports

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    This was my goal, Write a software set that would allow incoming can messages to be reported on the screen sent from other vehicle modules like on the GTR.

It would be simple, as i already have the scan tool messages figured out obviosly, so i would just have to make a new tab taking over the TV tab that is in the radio and making it accept and read those messages and report them via gauges or even just a numbering layout.
    example here:
    http://www.mastemag.com/wallpapers/d...-GT-R-i027.jpg
    Now that GTR example is exactly what Caddy should have done! Good example. I suspect there are many other screens too. A friend of mine had a Laptop software package that hooks into our F350 diesels and he could create about 30 graphs of different metrics on one screen. Sadly I lost contact with him so I don't know what it was. But it was very useful for diagnostics and tuning.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

probably EFiLive or HPTuners
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks Rippy.

Since you are in the biz... what does teh "Auto Show Mode" do in the hidden menu's? Or supposed to do? I can get into the password protected screen and see the options. On/off and a delay setting. Turning it on does not seem to do anything....
    Must be some other key sequence needed to actually make it do something!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I wouldn't mess around in there if I were you. There have been a few people who have messed with those settings and royally screwed up their car.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i actually have no experience at all with these things, besides ordering replacements and such... i only know what's in the manual

Jesse, (wait4me), knows a ton more about that stuff - it's kind of his area of expertise (or one of them) ...
    dealers don't mess around with the factory stuff too much - we fix it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks Riippy! Good quote!

And Jimmy, I appreciate your concern. I am very careful and not changing anything else. But it can't hurt to know what Auto Show Mode does...don't have to turn it on, just what the heck does it do?

And Launch mode... if it is controlling the standing start traction control, it must be in a super soft mode. The car is kinda of dead until it gets going a few mph, then it does kick in a few more ponies.
    Or maybe that is just a dead option on the cts-4 and only available on the cts-v?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.