2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I had heard that there were some slight variations between the bluetooth operation on an 8.0 and 8.1 module. After ...
    csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success

I had heard that there were some slight variations between the bluetooth operation on an 8.0 and 8.1 module.

After pressing and holding the phone button try saying Onstar, this will route you to the Onstar module, then try saying handsfree or bluetooth. this should get you to the menu where you can pair and make calls via BT.

I heard that this was confusing to customers so they changed it in the 8.1 module to allow the handsfree command right from the start menu instead of having to say Onstar first.

agreif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD

Guys, anyone have any tricks on getting this one clip loose from the sail panel? It looks like it is clipped in with a black clip and is still held in there solidly, so I'm not sure if this is that tether clip or not since it is held in there tightly. I can't tell if this is the tether clip of if this a clip that I still need to dislodge to get to the tether clip. You can't tell completely, but the clip I'm talking about is in the corner above that blue looking tube. I've been bothering Gramzster and csalmon about this and wondering if anyone had and additional tips on that, if this is a clip that pulls out or if this is a clip that I somehow need to slide the sail out from?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Thanks guys, pulling my hair out here.
    Andrew

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

If you have the screw out of the panel then the rest is just clips, you pull it straight inboard and it will come out.
    If you can get a long tool in there and pry close to the clip on the panel it should release.
    From there you just slide it forward.

For the record I am still advising against this procedure but I know these are your cars....

Success on my end with the Bluetooth using the Gen 8 (25990227) module. Big thanks to Gramzster and csalmon for giving me the extra help!!

Gramzster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2007 DTS, 2011 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by agreif View Post
    Success on my end with the Bluetooth using the Gen 8 (25990227) module. Big thanks to Gramzster and csalmon for giving me the extra help!!
    That's great!
    Sorry I wasn't able to respond in time, but glad you made it through. Was it difficult to get that bolt (holding down the module) removed?

Did you get a chance to get the OnStar re-associated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramzster View Post
    Was it difficult to get that bolt (holding down the module) removed?

Did you get a chance to get the OnStar re-associated yet?
    When I read the pain you went through with that bolt I decided to start with the air wratchet to see if i could break it loose before the bolt had a chance to spin, that did the job. Would have had the same problem as you if you hadn't tipped us off.

Haven't reassociated the onstar yet, will hopefully give them a call this weekend.

Andrew

There is a hole in the package shelf right under that bolt with access to the trunk.
    You can stick something up in there like a screwdriver and hold the bolt (if you are lucky) while an assistant takes the nut off from the top.

Honestly what I do to change that module out is remove the whole bracket.
    It is hard to get the wire retainer off that back bolt and you have to be careful so you don't break the back glass... but it is a lot easier to have the bracket off to do the swap.

Remember for '09 the module is above the glove box

jmmyk123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Hey guys i have my onstar module Gen 8 (25990227), and I am now hunting for dealers that will do the work before i install. I have a few questions...
    1) how long should it take for the dealer to program the new unit?- i have been quoted up to 2 hours and they want 98.00 an hour.
    2) anyone in MA recommend a place that may do this?
    3) what should i expect to pay, AKA what is the price range that people have paid?

csalmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by jmmyk123 View Post
    Hey guys i have my onstar module Gen 8 (25990227), and I am now hunting for dealers that will do the work before i install. I have a few questions...
    1) how long should it take for the dealer to program the new unit?- i have been quoted up to 2 hours and they want 98.00 an hour.
    2) anyone in MA recommend a place that may do this?
    3) what should i expect to pay, AKA what is the price range that people have paid?
    It took about 10 minutes for the tech to run the setup on my 8.1 module. I would expect the dealer to charge an hour of labor just for the programming.

jmmyk123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Quote Originally Posted by csalmon View Post
    It took about 10 minutes for the tech to run the setup on my 8.1 module. I would expect the dealer to charge an hour of labor just for the programming.
    If you dont mind, what dealer was it?

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX-4 Premium

I ordered my Onstar 8.1 from GMPartsdirect several weeks ago and am still waiting for it. They won't confirm it's order status other than to say it's processing. I believe it is backordered...

6speedRS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Does anyone know if this mod will work for a 2007 CTS. I would like integrated bluetooth, and wish to retain potential use of onstar too.

Thanks

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I finally gave up on upgrading the Bluetooth on my 2008 so I bought a 2010 that comes with the bluetooth. I paired my phone to the car and the car reconized the phone and the phone reconized the the car but they would not link up. I spent two hours on the phone with AT&T and LG only to find out that LG is not compatible with the CTS (LG is the worst for customer service, I think they all take mean pills). On the other hand, AT&T is trying to find me one of their phones that do work with the car. Initially all they had were blackberrys and iphones, but all I want is a simple phone that works with the car. The phone I have now has internet, TV,text messagin and more aps then I need and I never use them.

I have a pantech matrix that seems to pair just fine with most any car and it is an AT&T phone. (dual slider)
    Any version of the RAZR phones usually pair very well with CTS. The VCIM's are made by motorola if that gives you any idea of what to shoot for.

Go to www.cadillac.com/bluetooth and put in your car, then click AT&T as your provider and look at the compatible phone list.
    Those are validated phones that you should have the least amount of trouble with.

6speed, no. The '07 is a totally different body and while the plugs may be the same you'd end up with a real nightmare trying to get this to work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.